Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    don0946 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Archery-Arrow length
    I'm looking at buying a dozen carbon arrows for target and hunting. I plan on getting the Beman ICS Hunters but need to know what length to have them cut to. I have a 28.5 draw length. Any suggestions?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Why is shortening important? Is it a crosswind thing? distance? Accuracy? I am curious.
    Will research further on everything except Shorter arrows cost less. Take care.
    Is this Shot from a Compound Bow?
    don0946 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 05:04 PM
    The arrows come at a non-cut, factory length, designed to be cut to the appropriate length for the individual shooter. The non-cut length is longer than needed so they would be useable to any archer, with any draw length once cut. If they are too long then the spine strength becomes compromised affecting the flight and rigidity of the arrow. I think I may have found my answer in the general rule of cuting them one inch beyond the arrow rest at full draw. Thank you for the reply to my question.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Glad you found answer, My Father, now passed, use to make Custom Golf Clubs, Length was critical. I could see where excessive length could cause the arrow to tweak on the release. Take Care.
    Whackmaster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
    For the utmost in Archery how to and to understand the mystical flight of the arrow. Come over to TedNugent.com/hunting/forums. We have many hunting and competition shooters over her that can help. After signing up. Introduce yourself and tell them the Caliwhackmaster referred you.
    lightbulbs1 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Cut them at about 30"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search For Archery [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, I live in Raleigh, by NCSU and I loved archery growing up but I have yet to find a place where you go and practice any type of archery. If anyone knows of a place between Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, and Garner please let me know~ Thanks

1981 Pace Arrow RV want start? [ 5 Answers ]

Was running and stop. Chev engine. Spray Quick Start in opening of Carb still would not start? I think I am getting gas to the Carb anyway to check for sure. Thanks Paul

82 Pace Arrow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a easy way to find out if a battery is dead other than buying a tester? Thanks Paul

Back arrow [ 6 Answers ]

Would anyone have any ideal why my back arrow does not work? He just stopped working for no reason as far as I know!

View more questions Search