Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreaming07 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
    IS there any hope for this relationship ?
    I have been with my boyfriend for 9 1/2 yrs. We have two children together. I have been with him since I was 18 yrs old. I know that I love him, I am not sure if I am still in love with him. There is just no spark there for me anymore. I do not want to leave him , I do not want anyone else, I never think about cheating or leaving him. I just don't know what to do . I feel like I am living with my friend. Is there any hope for us ? What can I / we do to bring the spark back, I want to fall back in love with him ,I am afraid there is nothing that I can do. I need someone's advice please!! :(
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Sometimes it is good to be "married" to your best friend. You hooked up with him when you were quite young. 18 is too young to get "married" or tie ones self down with a man in a permanent type relationship in a lot of people's cases as they have not fully grown up and experienced the world around them. So far it sounds like you two have been playing house and it has gone on too long now to be any fun any longer. Do you work? How does he feel about you? You sound like you need some activities or hobbies as you have become "stale".

Also, if you have not gotten married by now, what is the reason for that? The only advantage I can see is that if you want to just up and leave each other you can without a lot of necessary paperwork, hassle or money. The children are the only concerns you two would have to squabble about, i.e. child support payments and visitation.

A lot of married people do not have the "spark" in their relationship either yet they still stay married. If you are looking for excitement, honey, the honeymoon has been over for quite sometime. Reality seems to be setting in on you now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Define spark, or explain more of what you mean. Did you really think marriage would be fun and games? Do you work? Have hobbies? Or do you stay home,More info please. And hope you get attention from your husband?
    Dreaming07 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
    I do not want to break up. I do love him . I am a stay at home mother of two. He works,everyday . I really haven't told him I felt this way,he loves me,tells me how important I am to him everyday. I know he doesn't feel the way I do. We are starting to talk about marriage, and I do want to marry him. When I say there is no "spark" there, its like BLAH.. really. We act more like friends, I am not into holding hands and being all lovey dovey like he is.
    We have been through a lot in the last few years and I know it only mad us stronger but we do argue A lot No, he hasn't cheated or anythimg, just little issues. I just don't know if this is how it is suppose to be after being with someone for so long. I thought that all those little feelings would still be there but they aren't. But on the other hand, I couldn't see myself without him ,I love him... but I want to fall back IN love with him... if that makes any sense.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Dear, you have a bad case of too much time on your hands to pick apart your present situation. Staying at home is great, but can lead a woman down the road that you are presently are on. It's called boredom with a capital "B". You need some other activities in your life to help you understand that what you have now is reality. Reality that your man loves you and actually wants to marry you now! What's so bad about that? Nothing that I can see.

May I suggest you sit down when you have some quiet time for yourself and make a list of "Things I have to be gratefu for" and see just HOW many things you actually have in your life now that other women would truly want. The fact that you say it's blah now, well, honey, for starters people change, things change. You can in fact fall back in love with him when you think of all the swell alternatives ahead of you should you decide to leave him (or if he leaves you). Heartache for years, pulling out your hair wondering how to pay bills, trying to be a single mom, having a boyfriend who punches out your lights on a regular basis or sends you to the hospital for a long stay, the possibilities are endless here but I think you get the idea

Work on your list and then tell me how you feel, OK? You'll see that right now you ARE bored and nothing else and that you have a wonderful life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have the chemistry.he doesn't want relationship.is there any hope that'll change [ 26 Answers ]

So I was in a serious relationship that ended six months ago... since it ended, I've taken the opportunity to date... A LOT. I've met a lot of interesting guys, some weird, some seemingly normal but no chemistry etc. I met this guy about a month ago... we talked quite a bit before we actually...

Hope some one knows [ 5 Answers ]

My son recently gave me a antique treadle sewing machine needs a lot of redoing on the cabinet my question is has any one ever hear of a sewing machine with the name stratco on it if so how old would it be and where was it made is it worth anything? :)

Is there any hope for us? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for about a year and a half (all but a month of which was long distance.). We'd see each other for about 10 days every 3 months. During that time I stuck with him through his depression and a lot of things that would have driven most away and we developed a really close...

Is There Hope For My Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

Last Sunday night my boyfriend of three months went out socially drinking for the first time I ended up extremely drunk and became offensive and embarrassing towards my boyfriend, before that fateful night he was so romantic and really opened up to me letting me into his life and he said he was in...

Do I have any hope? [ 6 Answers ]

hi everyone, I'm new to this site, so it would be very sweet of you guys to help me =) well basically, I've been with this guy in a serious relationship for one year and a month. And we did everything together. We've been through the best and worst of times. In October of 2006, he broke up with...

View more questions Search