Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    You claimked that the article was authored by a Greek expert. And just tossing anmes around and maiking claims is not a valid way to validate a claim.
    That is funny!!

This is why its hard to take you seriously. Look at the message again, not only are they named, they are quoted, the titles of their books are included, so is the name of their respective publishing company. The only thing they didn't include is the page number. Please!

Come on Tom! First you pretend there are no names mentioned. I re emphasize the names. Now you pretend there are only names mentioned. What will you come up with next?

You made a claimked that jesus commanded tradition - it isn't there. If you claim it is, copy and paste it here.
    Sure. Since it isn't in this OP, I'll be glad to post them again:

John 6 55 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

Matthew 28 19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

1 Cor 11 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread. 24 And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me. 25 In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me.

These are all Traditions.

What are you smoking? I used no one's name on this forum to validate anything.
    Sure you did. Message #125 Can you lose your salvation?

the difference is that I was simply indicating that the Roman catholic teaching quoted by saintjoan sounded like the Mormon teaching that heaven was like hell (everlasting burnings).

See also the messages where you were setting it up so she could twist Catholic teaching:

Do dead people go to hell? Page 8 messages 74-78

Believe what you wish. Your ad hominems say more about you than me.
    You continue to accuse me of ad hominems because you can't respond to the logic or wisdom of Catholic Teaching.

Here we go - if we dare disagree with you, it is "hatred". Does that mean when you disagree with non-Catholics that you are showing hatred against Christians. Come on, deal with the issue - if you can - and stop the false accusations and abusive comments.
    You don't hate the Catholic Church? But if you think the Catholic Church is revealed in Rev 17, why don't you hate Her?

I would.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    That is funny!!
    This is why its hard to take you seriously. Look at the message again, not only are they named, they are quoted, the titles of their books are included, so is the name of their respective publishing company. The only thing they didn't include is the page number. Please!
    Why do I waste my time with you - you apparently did not even read what I said. Go back and try again, more slowly this time and turn on the light.

John 6 55 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

Matthew 28 19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

1 Cor 11 23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread. 24 And giving thanks, broke, and said: Take ye, and eat: this is my body, which shall be delivered for you: this do for the commemoration of me. 25 In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me.
    So once again - where did Jesus command tradition?
    These are all Traditions.
    No, none of them are.
    Sure you did. Message #125 Can you lose your salvation?
    Again I ask, what are you smoking. Your false accusation was:

--------------------
    When you use the name of a fake Catholic (a Protestant passing herself off as a Catholic on this forum) to support your contentions against the Catholic Church, its hard to believe that you understand the ethics of a true Christian.
    --------------------

If you don't see the difference, then clearly you are not being honest.

You don't hate the Catholic Church? But if you think the Catholic Church is revealed in Rev 17, why don't you hate Her?
    I would like nothing more than to see the Roman religion divest itself of the false teachings and come to teach the full uncorrupted Biblical truth. I hate the false teachings, but I care about the people.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Roman Catholic beliefs:
    "We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful." Pope Pius IX ineffabilis Deus, December 8, 1854

--------------------
    When you use the name of a fake Catholic (a Protestant passing herself off as a Catholic on this forum) to support your contentions against the Catholic Church, its hard to believe that you understand the ethics of a true Christian.
    --------------------
    I’m really lost on this one –which is the fake Catholic which is the passing Protestant?

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777
    Roman Catholic beliefs:
    I am well acquainted with Roman beliefs. What I was to discuss is what scripture says.

I’m really lost on this one –which is the fake Catholic which is the passing Protestant?

JoeT
    May you should ask Maria.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Roman Catholic beliefs:
    "We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful." Pope Pius IX ineffabilis Deus, December 8, 1854

JoeT
    saintjoan is the fake catholic.

TJ is the Protestant passing her statements as Catholic doctrine.

It is obvious from their discussions with each other, that TJ has known about this from the beginning.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 06:27 AM

It is obvious from their discussions with each other, that TJ has known about this from the beginning.
    De Maria,

Stop the false accusations and deal with the topic, if you can.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 12:22 PM

Does this mean that TJ hasn't been honest with us all along? Or does it just mean that he's not been honest about his little trick?

This definitely paints a different color on everything TJ has said up till now.

What's really disturbing is that the code of ethics for engineers requires public statements be truthful after completion of an “objective” study. Most engineers make this a way of life. Not that they don't argue, but that they are most always truthful and objective as a matter of habit and nature; in fact I insist on it. Tj says he's an engineer.

If you're not familiar with codes of practice; in most states professional conduct requires (as a matter of law – in other words you can go to jail if you're found guilty) that conflicts of interest are to be fully disclosed and that all public statements be truthful objective statements or testimony founded upon the knowledge of facts.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:43 PM
    De Maria,

If the accusation, then tell us who you say was buried on the spot under the Church of St. John Lateran?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 03:00 PM
    De Maria,

If the accusation, then tell us who you say was buried on the spot under the Church of St. John Lateran?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Does this mean that TJ hasn't been honest with us all along? Or does it just mean that he's not been honest about his little trick?
    If you must use false accusations and personal abuse to defend your position, is it worth defending?

It seems to me that your abuse and that De Maria has long since stopped us from having a value added discussion. Rather, you have chosen to turn it into a "flame zone".
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
    If you must use false accusations and personal abuse to defend your position, is it worth defending?

It seems to me that your abuse and that De Maria has long since stopped us from having a value added discussion. rather, you have chosen to turn it into a "flame zone".
    I didn't "defend" anything. I didn't make any false accusations. I made an observation based on the facts presented to me – what was written here.

I hold PE’s to a higher standard than that of others; such as lawyers or used car salesmen. They deal with absolute truths daily as a matter of habit. How could you even characterize it as “discussion?” And if you did, could I depend on it being genuine?

And you haven’t seen a flame zone until you’ve seen mine.

I’m disappointed more than anything else. Such things as this reflect badly on how “real worlders” view your profession. For that matter it doesn’t reflect well on a Christians either.

JoeT
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a scripture [ 10 Answers ]

I am pregnant and going to have a daughter. I haven't been a Christian for long, but I know in the Bible it talks about how women shouldn't cut their hair. Can someone help me find this scripture so I can explain to my husband why I do not wish to cut our daughters hair. ( he thinks its stupid.)

Black forest christmas tradition [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help me answer this question IN THE BLACK FOREST AREA IN GERMANY RELIGIOUS FAMILIES LAY AN EXTRA PLACE AT THE CHRISTMAS TABLE WHO IS IT FOR? Would be grateful if anyone could answer this for me.Thanks;)

Jewish Tradition: [ 2 Answers ]

Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search