Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gstiffler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 05:51 PM
    How can I stop a leaky garage roof?
    My garage was originally a two car garage . An addittional one car garage was added to the right . The original has a pitched roof and the addition has a roof attached to the one side of the original, the additon has a different pitch and starts about four feet down from the peak of original roof. I can not stop it from leaking where the two differen pitches meet. What can I do to stop the leaking
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
    You probably might need to put flashing along there.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
    When the addition was built the new shingles should have been slid under the exiting shingles on the steeper pitch old roof. It sounds as though this was not done or at least not done well. At this point Nohelps suggestion is about all you can do unless you are ready to reroof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky roof [ 3 Answers ]

We have a flat rubber roof which was put on about 18 months ago. About a year after it was put on we had a section of our bedroom ceiling collapse. This was caused by water draining to a point in the roof deck over this point of the Ceiling and then falling down on the ceiling. There is no...

Convert Truss Roof over garage into 'Stick' to use space [ 3 Answers ]

I have a garage with a truss roof (pre-built trusses) and I want to use the space by converting the trusses into 'stick' built. Is this possible? Where could I get info on supporting the roof with Headers to enlarge the space?

How to stop sewage odor? Old sink in garage was removed. [ 3 Answers ]

We had a plumber once remove an old laundry tub/sink from our garage. Then recently we had a sewage back-up which plumber came to repair... most likely was caused by tree roots. There is still a terrible sewage stench coming from the garage. Plumber thinks it may be due to gases coming from the pvc...

Garage hip roof removing braceing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1960s 20x22 id w 24" oc 2x4 walls hip roof garage i am converting into an apt. I want the ceiling to be as open as possible.The only bracing is 3 2x4x20 boards going each way 6"to8" above the top headers. Mostly they seem to be there to support the garage door opener only. I need to...

View more questions Search