Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Change Defaults
    This isn't fair, I am not a beginner with computers I just don't know where to post this question. Whenever I download new applications like photoshop or a new video player it changes the default application for my media. How do I change the default applications for my computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2008, 06:46 PM
    This has to do with associations. Associations are one of the most powerful features of Windows. It allows you to open a file, just be selecting the file without opening the program first.

Most programs will create an association with the file formats they create. Some will allow you to select this during the install. Some do it without notice. You need read up on associations on how to find them and set them in Windows Help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Last name change [ 3 Answers ]

My daughters bio-father had his rights terminated by the courts and is no longer legally associated with her in anyway how can I go about changing her last name to my last name? She wants her last name to be the same as mine and so do I

Need A Change! [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya everyone, Last year I came out being only 14 that was a big step for me but now that I am getting used to the new life style I want a change in fashion and hair style but I don't know where to start can some body help me? :confused:o :o

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

View more questions Search