Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2008, 02:00 PM
    What do guys find more attractive? Blonde or dark hair?
    I just want to see what guys find more attractive. Ive been very blonde and almost black but now I need to decide what I want again. Ive asked my boyfriend many times, but he doesn't have an opinion on it. I know you'll say it "depends on the girl", but I want guys opinions. What is better? Blonde or brunette/dark. Females are welcome to answer too!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:20 PM
    I've always liked me as a blonde even when I had beautiful brown hair down to my waist. Even though it's an expense and a bother to keep being blonde, I like it. The real question here is - do you feel better being a blonde, not what some one else thinks. You are the one who looks into the mirror every day. Are you pleased with what you see? That's what really matters.
    cuteycakes Posts: 46, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Love-Life
    I just want to see what guys find more attractive. Ive been very blonde and almost black but now I need to decide what I want again. Ive asked my boyfriend many times, but he doesn't have an opinion on it. I know you'll say it "depends on the girl", but I want guys opinions. What is better? Blonde or brunette/dark. Females are welcome to answer too!
    Hi there!

I think it's prob a fift-fifty split to be honest, just like some men prefer tall women to small and vice versa... BUT what counts is what you feel best in, not anyone else. I know we all like to feel sexy and appealing to the opposite sex, but a) you're in a relationship where HE is happy with your looks and b) if you don't feel sexy, then you won't seem to be as sexy if that makes sense.

Personally, it depends on what look looks better with you and your skin colour.

Hope it helps

J x
    douapuncte Posts: 31, Reputation: -6

Jan 13, 2008, 05:41 PM
    I'm a guy and if you don't mind I would say that the colour of your hair is less important than other things about a girl.There are some guys that take this very seriously but not me.A cute face does the trick on meIf you have a nice face,healthy body and good personality you can shave your head and most of the guys will still say you look good.
    cuteycakes Posts: 46, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2008, 05:49 PM
    I agree!! Hair colour can only be appealing for so long!!

You could always go half blonde, half dark and that way you get best of both worlds!! ;-)

You have to feel good before you can look good so do it for YOU!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 11:14 PM
    It doesn't really matter to me, who she is, does though.

I remember that some guys used to say: "Fun with blondes and serious with brunettes."Joke
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter

The real question here is - do you feel better being a blonde, not what some one else thinks. You are the one who looks into the mirror every day. Are you pleased with what you see? That's what really matters.

Very insightful Twink!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 03:34 PM
    I can't speak for anyone but me.

90% of the time I go for dark hair... but, as mentioned, it completely depends on the girl.

no matter what your hair is, there's nothing sexier than a strong, confident woman. So do what you like.

and if your boyfriend "doesnt care"... maybe get one that does! =)

joking of course... men are idiots... I'm a card carrying member of the idiot club.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    i can't speak for anyone but me.

90% of the time i go for dark hair... but, as mentioned, it completely depends on the girl.

no matter what your hair is, theres nothing sexier than a strong, confident woman. so do what you like.

and if your bf "doesnt care"... maybe get one that does! =)

joking of course... men are idiots... im a card carrying member of the idiot club.

Loved your post KP! So much truth in it... but then I am blonde! :p :p :p

I'm teasing of course, not that I am blonde, just about the last part of your post. :p

I do read a lot of your posts and find them interesting so just had to have a little fun on this post.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jan 14, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Just my opinion,

Dark brunette [ just like my beautiful wife ] :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 08:21 PM
    I love blondes...

However, when attempting relationships, it's always been a girl with dark/black long straight hair. Not sure why.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 17, 2008, 01:42 AM
    For most men I'm not sure if hair color is one of the top qualities that you hunt down for in women. It seems to be farther down the list than say other more obvious choices. It really shouldn't matter what we say about your hair, because it is your hair and you should decided solely what to do with it. With that public service announcement over with, my friends and I have talked about this before, and there is just something about a blonde... go figure. Whether it is because it seems to stand out more than other colors, I don't know, guess that's what so special about it...
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Hair Color is the first thing I look at on a girl. If a girl is blond I just keep on moving. Not that I think she will be a "Dumb" blond or anything like that I just like Dark hair. So Yes hair does matter to some guys.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Don't matter to me. I like that bald chick Sinéad O'Connor.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 19, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Just go with whatever makes you happy.
    Brit01 Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2009, 06:53 PM

My reply probably won't help... but whatever you choose - blonde or brunette - it's just hair color!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 04:50 PM

Wow, I am surprised at how many say brunettes. I noticed my two older boys pick the dark haired girls almost every time.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 22, 2009, 07:16 PM
    My favorite hair color is brown or black, but I also like blonde, red or grey hair.
    AlexaMarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 01:47 AM

In my opinion, either is beautiful. I had the same problem so I went brown and got some sun-kissed blonde in it. So when I ask people whether they think I'm a brunette or a blonde, they don't know what to say :) Also, I've been completely dark, and completely blonde. And I have found that in between looks best for me. It depends on your skin color and your eyes. I have big blue-ish green-ish eyes and my skin is fair.
    AlexaMarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 01:49 AM

Also, if you have light eyes and dark hair, in my opinion, it gives you more of a unique look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

Adding dark streaks to colored blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have colored my hair blonde w/ hi-light kits as well as a frost kit.. my roots are growing out and I want to add some darker streaks to my hair, red or brown or both! How do I go about this or is there even a way for me to do this at home? I would like to do it myself, but I have no...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

Trying to get my hair from a not to dark brown to a very light blonde [ 2 Answers ]

I tried bleaching my hair from not to dark of a brown to a bright blonde (comparable to eminem, if that gives anyone a good picture of what I want). After bleaching and rebleaching the sides and back turned out to be about the blonde I wanted, but the top of my head is definitely orange. Any advice...

I Want My Dark Blonde Hair Back Please! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay,so I Tried Putting More Bleach Blonde Highlights In My Hair-Febuary2006 After Paying $200 At The Salon To Have Them Put In-January2006 I Turned My Pretty Highlights Orange.I Covered Them Up With A Dark Brown And Have Been Covering Them Up For The Past Year.I Buy The Darkest Brown Hair Dye From...

View more questions Search