Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Im Johnny Cash Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2006, 02:03 AM
    Can I burn music to a dvd?
    I was just wondering if I could burn music (and if so, how much?) to a dvd. I have Nero Express 6, and I want to burn a 3 gig music folder, but CD-Rs only hold 70mins or 700mb, which isn't enough. Any help would be very much appreciated! :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2006, 02:23 AM
    Yes you can burn it to a DVD as DATA, but it will NOT play in your normal CD player.
    If you want to listen to them on you CD player then you'll need to burn them as music CD's.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Music
    Hi,
    Another idea is to change the quality somewhat.
    If your sound card program has a Recorder, such as Creative Recorder, you can use it to re-record the music, one file at a time. In re-recording, you can select a different quality setting, lowering the size of the file. Quality will be a little less, but in many cases is not noticeable on the CD-R.
    One has to "play around" a little with the lesser sizes, then listen to the song on the CD-R to determine if they like the quality.
    Best of luck.

Jan 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
    If I record the songs as data, can I listen to them in Windows Media Player?

Also, how would I find out if my sound card can do that? I'm not too great with computers...

Thanks for the help!:D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Im Johnny Cash
    If I record the songs as data, can i listen to them in Windows Media Player?

Also, how would I find out if my sound card can do that? I'm not too great with computers...

Thanks for the help!:D
    If you save the tracks as WMP or MP3 files, yes you will be able to play then from the DVD. But you will not be able to play then in a regular CD or DVD player.
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Jan 7, 2006, 10:28 PM
    If your sound card can do anything, it can do that.

Jan 8, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Another question
    Ok... so how about avi files? I can't burn those to DVD, and I can't find a free downloadable program to convert them, so if I burned them as data could I watch them on WMA?

Jan 8, 2006, 06:16 PM
    New problem
    Well, I've just burned the mp3s to a DVD, and my computer isn't opening the files in WMP like it does for CDRs with mp3s. :( I am hopelessly lost...

Jan 8, 2006, 06:50 PM
    well, ive just burned the mp3s to a DVD, and my computer isnt opening the files in WMP like it does for CDRs with mp3s. :( I am hopelessly lost...
    What happens when you try to run them? Your burning software should be able to take AVIs and burn as a DVD.

Jan 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
    It says that I have not chosen a valid file type, and that's basically the end of that. Ive tried using about 10 converting programs, none of which work (except for one which left a big logo in the middle). I have Nero Express 6. When selecting a file to burn to a DVD, there are already two folders: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

This is what the Help section says :
    Please note that to make a DVD-Video title from video files (such as AVI, etc), you must use a DVD authoring tool such as NeroVision Express. In Nero Express you can only files which already exist in the format and file structure required by the Video-DVD standard.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jan 9, 2006, 06:48 AM
    The presence of those folder on the disk, indicate you were not burning as a data disk, which could create unknown formats.

The help files are telling you you need DVD authoring software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye burn [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was wielding and in the middle of the night, he said that his eye was burning bad. Any home remedies? Donna

How can I burn this.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a file in my hard disk and its an intaller Adobe CS about 1.04 GB... my problem is I want to save it into disk, I don't have a DVD writter so I have to separate the file using 700 MB CDs but I don't know what files should be in the 1st cd and what files in the 2nd one for the installer to...

Can I burn it... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my Q is can I download a Playstation Games and burn it to disk and play it with my playstation... :confused:

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

CD Burn Help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having a problem burning CD's using napster, I have used it before and it worked fine I don't know what has changed. I start the burn and I get a error message: An error has occurred while burning. A possible cause for this could be incompatiable media or too high a burning speed.Please...

View more questions Search