Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eneg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Duct size
    I have removed a wall in the kitchen, the straight heating duct running through the wall from the basement to the second floor bedroom is 3in by 10 in. (30 sq in.) .I want to replace it with a round duct with 5 elbows that will run from the existing vent in the bedroom, down from it to under the floor, along the kitchen ceiling towards the back of the kitchen, down the back wall, under the kitchen floor to the existing heating duct, the original 3 by 10 duct was 8 feet long , to connect the bedroom to the basement will require 16 feet of duct with elbows .what size of duct should I use.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
    I think I need molre info before answering. Is this duct supplyiong airto another part of the house or just the kitchen. Why so many elbows, each elbow will reduce the air flow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Queen size frame-full size mattress [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full size mattress set and want to know if it can be used with a queen size bed frame? I heard there was a kit that can be used to make it fit.

Full size headboard, Queen size bed Frame [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy attachments that will allow me to fasten my full size headboard to my queen size bedframe? I am having a bit of trouble finding one.

Wire Size and panel size [ 6 Answers ]

I have a separate small living quarters that is a single room that is about 180 feet away from the main panel. It is going to get another little bed room a small kitchen and a bathroom also maybe a washer. The main panel is a 100 amp meter socket combo. What should I upsize the main panel to? ...

Compatibilities between awg wiring, breaker amp size, outlet amp size [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Is there a resource out there, prefereably on the web, that outlines the compatibilities between awg wiring, the breaker amp size, outlet amp size, how many recepticles/outlets can be on x amp outlet, etc? For example, it would be nice to see something that shows: you can use a 20 amp...

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

View more questions Search