Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fgerwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Disabled veteran garnishment
    I Am A 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran. I Recenty Had A Truck Repo-ed. Now I Get Calls 24/7 About How To Repay The Loan. Amount Bank Says I Owe Is 9000.00. My Question Can My Disability Payments Be Garnished?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
    No. They are certainly going to try though and tell you that they can. Tell them to stop calling you and put their demands in writing and then hang up. A collection agency will beat a dead horse to get $.

If somehow the matter goes to court, be sure to have answered the summons and complaint in writing stating that you receive disability payments. This money cannot be garnished - ever. But this does not mean that they can't try and come after any of your other assets should you have any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get a Senior Citizen & Veteran free eyeglasses [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get free eyeglasses for one of my clients? He is a Veteran and a Senior Citizen? He lives in Butler TN. Sincerely, Margaret Eller 828-263-8171 2507

Welcome screen disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to switch users. I am using windows XP professional OS. The user switch option Is disabled in the start menu. I am getting the following message "Client service for net work has disabled the welcome screen. To restore these facilities you must uninstall client services for...

Veteran critc [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the veteran critic and broadway columnist who went on to produce or write more than 2 dozen films

Veteran Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am a "Korean Conflict" veteran with a ten percent disability, as well as a "Cal Vet". Does anyone know how I can find out what type of educational benefits I am entitled to? Thanks, Kavanaugh

View more questions Search