Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jan 5, 2006, 09:26 PM
    Can't stop Limewire...
    Help guys... My Boss is using a program called Limewire... and she installed it in a PC where I do my work... and I have a problem about it... cause every time I open this PC limewire open automatically, I look for the start-up programs but limewire isn't there, I try to search the setting of limewire but no set to disable start-up... Help guys I'm afraid to uninstall it cause my boss might get angry... :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2006, 10:05 PM
    File sharing
    The file sharing program may be on there because your boss wants access to files on your computer.

And perhaps they want it on there and wants it to start up when it starts.

Since this is your work computer and your boss put it on there, why not just tell them of the problem and get them to fix it, if it isnot working they way they want it to.

Programs on a work computer should never be changed without the bosses permission
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Limewire
    Hi,
    I fully agree with Fr_Chuck's answer, about talking with your boss.
    This is a work computer, and the boss' computer. She can do with it as she wishes. I would talk with her, and ask if she really needs it on there.
    Best of luck.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Do Start > Run, type in 'msconfig', click on the Startup tab, see if the program is set to load automatically there. It's safe to uncheck the box in msconfig and reboot, you can always put the checkmark back in if the boss wants it that way.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2006, 09:43 AM
    With Limewire open, go to
    Tools > Options

Click Connections on the left, then uncheck the box that says Connect at Startup.

Click Apply.

Now click the little plus sign next to Advanced, on the left, and click on System Startup.

Make sure the Run on System Startup box is NOT checked, and click Apply.

Click OK, exit LImewire and reboot your computer.

That should take care of it if it's not showing at msconfig.

Jan 8, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Ah guys first. I know that my boss doesn't know how to fix this problem, I'm talking about the daughter of my real boss cause the mother know nothing about computers, beside my boss daughter know nothing but to install a program that she like... and I already look at the startup at msconfig but limewire is not there... and as rickj advice those box already uncheck I uncheck it before cause I thought the answer is there but still it run it seft when the computer is on... :confused:
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 04:17 AM
    What version of Limewire is it?

Jan 11, 2006, 05:42 PM
    I guess it the latest version 4.10... but before that the version is 4.9.33... I tried to reinstall it but no used... still coming automatically... :( oh!! Additional info it also exit the program automatically but start again in a few minutes then exit then start again and so on...
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Ugh. At this point I'd try an uninstaller app like ashampoo (free trial) or Easy Uninstaller (It's free).

Jan 15, 2006, 05:23 PM
    As I have said I already installs it then install again but there's no changes, but if I'm going to uninstall it completely my boss's daughter will get mad at me... cause she's the one using it she don't want other program cause limewire is the most faster...

And as rickj said that two soft you mentioned what's in there that might help me, it's a program uninstaller right but what is the diff'rent using uninstaller program instead of using add/remove in windows control panel... :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limewire connecting problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all... Please help me to connect & download with Limewire.. I'm using limewire 4.12.3 in my office we are using winproxy server. I want to use LW on my client machine. All the machine having Win98 OS. When I install the LW then it starts the application it always show the status...

Fan won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

The compressor on the a/c turns off but the fan continues to run. Tonight when I turned off the a/c at the t-stat, the fan and compressor came back on even though the unit was turned off. What is my problem? The unit is about 24 years old and the t-stat was replaced a few months ago.

Limewire [ 5 Answers ]

When I try to Run limewire it says it needs to connect to the internet and I do know how to make it do that. Please answer by 9:00 1/15/06, thanks

Limewire [ 2 Answers ]

Is limewire, the free limewire safe and can I listen to full length songs?ANSWER BY 8:00 1/15/06 PLEASE

View more questions Search