Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused_On_Color Posts: 97, Reputation: 3

Jan 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Need to lose 15-20 in a week.
    Going out a week from today and I really like the guy. And he seems interested in me too! But I really want to look good for him! It's supposed to be cold this whole week so I figured ill go running with a thin layer on to help make me sweat out toxins.
    I'll eat Special K every morning. Then just drink water for lunch and go running for an hour after school, and a piece of fruit or something for dinner. Anything else I can do to help slim down quickly?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:50 PM
    If you do that your body will go into starvation mode and stop burning any calories at all. Also you may make yourself ill and pass out. How will you go on a date if you feel ill or in the hospital?
    Remember he asked you out the way you are so don't try to lose weight for him.

Jan 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Done the sarvation thing before didn't have totally horrible result slost about 27lbs in 2 weeks. So I don't know.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 11:03 PM
    I know a guy that his potassium levels dropped from not eating and he had a massive heart attack and died. He was 29.

Jan 12, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Well I'm on B-12 Vitamin supplements. I figure ill wake up in the morning eat a bowl of Special K, then I can't eat lunch until around 12 because my schooling. So ill have an orange or an apple with a bottle of water for lunch. Then ill come home around 3 eat a banana for energy then go running/jogging for 45 min. Then come home sleep a bit then have a small healthy meal and take my metabolism vitamin. [B-12] Healthy enough?

Jan 12, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Maybe throw a little yoga, and about 200 sit ups, 50 crunches, & 50 legs lifts in.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 11:19 PM
    I don't think so, but I'm cautious if my 14 year old daughetr tried I would have a fit.

Jan 12, 2008, 11:24 PM
    I know they say to snack in on something healthy through the day but I can't and I'm 16. Not 14 so I'm thinking my body can handle this.

-Water & Specail K
    -Cosmetology/School
    -Lunch = An apple/orange, granola bar and a water for lunch.
    -A banana around 3pm followed by a 30min jog.
    -150 Sit ups, 30 crunches, 30 Leg lifts.
    -A quick nap followed by a sensible meal including small amount of carbs, soy milk, and veggies.
    -Metabolism Vitamin.

Healthy Enough Now? That's breakfast, a standard lunch, a snack, Dinner, vitamins and a good workout.

Keep in mind I'm a vegan so I won't eat dairy, eggs, or meat lol.
    Kchica5 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 11:31 PM
    I know how you feel to lose weight because a guy asked you out and you want to look good. But I tried doing the same thing your talking about but its considered more of a crash diet and after you lose the weight your going to have to keep doing it because then once you start eating regular stuff you'll gain weight easier. I say don't just run because even though it is good cardio you have to do more because its kind of slow on the calorie burning side. Do some kick boxing type moves.. no joke I did that everyday for a week and lost a lot of weight and got toned also. It worked great.

Jan 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Yea, I do plan on keeping this up.
    I have a gym membership but the roads can get bad around here and I can't drive yet.
    I was told by many people running is the best thing u can do to lose belly fat.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 11:43 PM
    It's best to take all the B vitamins, not just one. B-complex is the way to go.

What will you do for an encore if he asks you for a second date?

Jan 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
    As I said before I do plan on keeping this up.
    He works out a lot and he's way adorable.
    6'1", 140lbs, great personality.
    And then he sked me if I work out and I was like I try, I should yea.
    But we got to talking and he asked me to go out on Saturday to the movies.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Don't eat any popcorn or snacks at the movies. Don't let him take you out to eat anywhere. Don't invite him to your house to meet your family and eat anything. Don't accept an invitation to his house for dinner.

I wonder how long you will be able to keep this up.

Got to go. I'm hungry.
    Kchica5 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Yea running is good. But my sister is a fitness trainer and you have to do more than run for 45 minutes to lose that belly fat.

Jan 12, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Oh trust me I'm not eating popcorn or anything. Popcorn makes me sick lol.
    I don't care that he meets my family their weird though.
    And I like never eat in front of guys
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Then marriage isn't for you.

(Don't teens who date go out to eat any longer, like after the movie? Guys like girls who eat. Males are hunter-killer types who bring gifts of food to their women.)

Jan 12, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Idk we might go out afterwards.
    If we do I'll eat in front of him.
    I just won't personally enjoy it lol.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 12:22 AM
    Some of the most romantic times in my life involved sharing a meal with the guy I loved. Sorry you might miss out on that experience.
    sarah welham Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused_On_Color
    Going out a week from today and I really like the guy. And he seems interested in me too! But I really wanna look good for him! It's supposed to be cold this whole week so i figured ill go running with a thin layer on to help make me sweat out toxins.
    I'll eat Special K every morning. Then just drink water for lunch and go running for an hour after school, and a piece of fruit or something for dinner.? Anything else I can do to help slim down quickly?!
    Losing weight like this will surely do your body harm!!
    You should aim to lose about 3lb a week. You can do this with exercise and a good balanced diet. Keeping your metabolic rate high by eat little but often. Always start with breakfast and aim to eat at least 6 times a day. This will stop your body thinking its starving which results in your metabolism slowing down!!
    Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Is this guy worth you risking your health for? What happens if you do all that, and don't lose all the weight you want? Or worse get sick, and can't go out with him? Do it right, and talk to your doctor, and get a safe diet. He ask you out the way you are, so it may be better to just take it easy on your body, enjoy your date, and workout with him for a second date and get cloe to him, that way without the risk. As a guy, I wouldn't want to be impressed that way. But would love to work out with a nice gal, whom I am interested in. That would be fun. And isn't that what your really after, having fun with a cool guy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a 5'4 girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need...

Have it all, don't want to lose it all. I think? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost my high paying job. I am not able to meet my financial obligations. I have the American Dream- House, Wife, Nice Car, etc. etc. and it is all going down the drain. While this situation has evolved and occupied my every thought, I really got to see my wife's true colors. My wife is a...

Lose 10 kgs in one week [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I really need to lose 10 kilograms in 7 days or less for a special occasion and I was wondering if you could help me or give tips on how to achieve that goal. Thank you!

Why did he lose it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, my boy and I have been together for a long time, I am 18 and he is 19... there was a situation which I am confused about... sex has never been a topic for him and I until now, we have never had sex or oral sex besides the whole dry sex thing where clothes stay on... the other night when...

I'm going to lose her, how do we get through this? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 25. I have been in a relationship for over three years with my girlfriend and I love her to bits but I have a problem with myself in that I keep going behind her back to go on gay or bi chat sites, not to meet anyone but to chat and arrange a meet but never can go...

View more questions Search