Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara Kersten-Murphy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Training to qualify: 100m (track)
    I have been training seriously for the 100m meter sprints for three years now. This time in 2005 I had significant improvements in my performance taking 1.3 seconds off my PB over the distance to run a 12.75 seconds 100m :) This improvement was great but just shy of the Australian national standards to represent at national level being 12.54 sec. The following year I improved to 12.61 sec, but again missing the national qualifier.

In 2007 I had a big study load and commitment to work and only produced a personal best of 12.81 seconds I dropped weight from 62 kg to 58 kg maintaining my strength levels with minimal weight training and sprint

... and this season (2008) so far I have not been able to run under 13.00 seconds after 3 competitions. I gained weight over winter (both muscle and fat to be 65 kg) and improved strength on the bench press.

I have High aspirations to represent nationally in the open woman's event and believe I have the ability to do so. I am now 24 going on 25 this year and would like to know how to best get on top of my performances before my window of opportunity disappears? Currently I am trying to lose body fat but the harder I work at it the tireder I feel always being left under done when I present to competitions. How can I take steps forward from here? With little less then 6 weeks to qualify for nationals and post a 12.54 time or better?

Any advise would be much apprieciated:)
    littlesexy58423 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara Kersten-Murphy
    I have been training seriously for the 100m meter sprints for three years now. This time in 2005 I had significant improvements in my performance taking 1.3 seconds off my PB over the distance to run a 12.75 seconds 100m :) This improvement was great but just shy of the australian national standards to represent at national level being 12.54 sec. The following year I improved to 12.61 sec, but again missing the national qualifier.

In 2007 I had a big study load and commitment to work and only produced a personal best of 12.81 seconds I dropped weight from 62 kg to 58 kg maintaining my strength levels with minimal weight training and sprint

... and this season (2008) so far I have not been able to run under 13.00 seconds after 3 competitions. I gained weight over winter (both muscle and fat to be 65 kg) and improved strength on the bench press.

I have High aspirations to represent nationally in the open woman's event and believe I have the ability to do so. I am now 24 going on 25 this year and would like to know how to best get on top of my performances before my window of opportunity disappears? currently I am trying to lose body fat but the harder I work at it the tireder i feel always being left under done when I present to competitions. how can I take steps forward from here? with little less then 6 weeks to qualify for nationals and post a 12.54 time or better?

any advise would be much apprieciated:)
    Welll Congrats on your running ability! I am also very big on track, I am 16 and I run my 100m dash in about 12.5 seconds, I am currently working on the record at my school which is 12.32! I don't know how tall you are or anything, but I am about 5'8'' and 126 pounds. My suggestion for you, work hard on building muscle in your leg, drink and eat healthy, and always stretch and warm up before running. Do you use blocks? Becusae you could be having the trouble in blocks?
    phastdude23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 07:09 PM
    I think you should focus A lot in the weight room. IF you seriously want to become faster, get this program. I dropped an insane amount of time on my sprint. I can almost run 11, but then school got in the was and I lost it quite fast. I was 13 before and even a few 14 before I got this program.. I make no money on this, I just used it and I know it works.. http://www.vertfreak101.com/
    It's overall athletic ability for non elite level athletes. It seems easy and if you follow it strictly in the summer time and advance it into the winter time, come spring... oohhhh baby!! Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I qualify for german visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at travelling abroad but only have a South African passport. I would like to apply for a german ancest visa. My mother and granparents were born in Germany, so does that mean that I qualifiy? If so, how do I go about it?

Cutting Track Lighting track [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know why Hampton Bay track states that you cannot cut the track? Every other brand allows track to be cut to the needed length and Hampton Bay is worthless to me if I can't cut it.

Can I qualify [ 10 Answers ]

I'm fairly new to the site... I currently have a credit score of 525. Will I EVER qualify for a home loan? I am a 1st time buyer with a yearly income of around $42,000. I have also been on my job for 8.5 years.:confused:

Do I still qualify for studentfinancial aid [ 2 Answers ]

I went to school in 1997 on financial aid dropped out and the loans are paid off . How can I find out my standing. My situation now is that I am homeless and a mother of three do I qualify for anything else .I am also full blooded american indian sioux. I really would like to return to school can...

View more questions Search