Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I wouldn't miss Bill when it comes to morals as he was the only president to get "caught cheating" on his first lady "in" the white house. Yes, I know others did it but they didn't get caught officially.
    mirandycc Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 21, 2008, 02:56 PM
    At least bill was man enough to admit when he made a mistake
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 03:06 PM
    He only admitted that mistake after denying it repeatedly and with his back to the wall. In my opinion that is not an honorable admission. All in all, he was still a nice guy though...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Well one thing's for sure, subsequent presidents will feel the pinch by the fiscal problems left by the Bush tenure.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 11, 2008, 06:12 PM
    I don't claim to be a political pundit, but I predict that history will rate G.W. Bush much more highly than his approval ratings show right now. You know, the only difference in most of the spending during the last 7+ years is that the Dems have complained that not enough was being spent on several programs.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I don't claim to be a political pundit, but I predict that history will rate G.W. Bush much more highly than his approval ratings show right now. You know, the only difference in most of the spending during the last 7+ years is that the Dems have complained that not enough was being spent on several programs.
    Studies: Iraq costs US $12B per month - Yahoo! News

Studies: Iraq costs US $12B per month
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandycc
    At least bill was man enough to admit when he made a mistake
    You mean, "perjury bill"? "disbarred bill?" What did your "bill" ever admit?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 11, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Congresses approval rating is right there with car salesman and IRS auditors. But don't look past the fact that when Dubya retires he'll simply go off to his ranch in Crawford, Texas and continue to get "attaboy" pats on the back from his friends of upper class wealth and the die-hard constituents from his administration. The Bush clan will blow it up W's rear about how the old man and him were father and son presidents. However, realistically Herbert started with trickle down economics that didn't work and G. Walker leaves us in a recession. Although much of his presidency could be graded incomplete with nine-eleven so early as his first term, he is still out of touch. The man was oblivious to the recent gas prices that are now rising again. Let's just say twenty years from now we double his approval rating from what it was few months ago, a lowly twenty-five to fifty percent. Still unsatisfactory considering a nation divided.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 07:55 PM
    [QUOTE=BABRAM]Congresses approval rating is right there with car salesman and IRS auditors. But don't look past the fact that when Dubya retires he'll simply go off to his ranch in Crawford, Texas and continue to get "attaboy" pats on the back from his friends of upper class wealth and the die-hard constituents from his administration. QUOTE]
    IF W were to end his term with no further attacks on American soil, his presidency will be a success; there is no guarantee. Remember, he came into his first term with the intelligence provided by eight years of Clinton the Playboy, during whose eight years the military and intelligence were compromised resulting in the tragedy of 9/11. So he finishes in a recession; he began in a recession. Let's just compromise on that point and call it the 'business cycle'.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Mar 11, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    IF W were to end his term with no further attacks on American soil, his presidency will be a success; there is no guarantee. Remember, he came into his first term with the intelligence provided by eight years of Clinton the Playboy, during whose eight years the military and intelligence were compromised resulting in the tragedy of 9/11. So he finishes in a recession; he began in a recession. Let's just compromise on that point and call it the 'business cycle'.
    I keep waiting for Dubya to admit the economy went sour under his administration. Probably won't happen, will it? Considering he was given two terms of "business cycle", he now leaves us facing a much deeper recession than what he inherited and that's not progress for a president twice elected by electoral votes, once by popular count. George, although the subject is W's legacy, you and I probably agree that we've seen enough of the Bush and Clinton clans for a lifetime, and for various reasons.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
    I believe his legacy is going to be
    He set everything up for the next President to finalize globalization
    -just for one thing-He left the borders open intentionally -NEVER had any intention of 'closing' them -just for one!
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 12, 2008, 10:04 PM
    I think in the circumstances that he was in, he did all right. Someon could have done better, but who, like it was stated earlier depends on how the iraq situation turns out.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Of all the brilliant people in the United States, that was our only choice. Come on now, you know it was rigged.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Of all the brilliant people in the United States, that was our only choice. Come on now, you know it was rigged.
    Yeah it was rigged and we got the choice of rotten choice or more rotten choice.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 07:44 PM
    And Kerry? A complete dope. Who picks these people? Are the Marx brothers still alive in a back room of the White House writing this script? "They gonna love this!" "Bonk Bonk!"
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    And Kerry? A complete dope. Who picks these people? Are the Marx brothers still alive in a back room of the White House writing this script? "They gonna love this!" "Bonk Bonk!"
    It's called democracy. Anyone ever wonder why women were not voting until 1920?
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Uhmmm, because they were all barefoot and pregnant?
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
    ineedhelpfast disagrees: that's cause you believe that conspiracy.

And you believe everything Bush tells you. I don't know which is most pathetic.
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 18, 2008, 08:08 PM
    The pathetic thing is that you think you know what I think.. are you serious, you probably are that's why you wrote that.:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:03 AM
    I know you are but what am I?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George and junior catoon [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can bought george and junior cartoon

Artist george villa [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to find out about a watercolor by this artist. Any info appreciated

George and Moses [ 1 Answers ]

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm. George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses." The man ignored...

George Bush [ 52 Answers ]

I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone. Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for His country. I'm struggling to...

View more questions Search