Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
    George W, good or bad?
    Since George W. Bush is nearing the end of his term, what do you think his legacy will be?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Short term, still negative but I think looking back 30 years from now, he will be seen a much better light.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Restoring honor to the white house by not soiling a pair of pants in the oval office?

Sorry... I almost leaked beer out my nose laughing as I wrote that.

Ummm... time heals a lot, like fr chuck said. Who the hell knows what iraq will become? If it dramatically changes the landscape of the middle east, it'll soften the image. If iraq falls apart, its hard to say... will it be his fault for destabilizing the area or will it be the fault of the next person(s) who didn't "finish the job?"

As iraq goes, so goes the bias?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 07:36 PM
    I think he will be seen, even 30 years from now the worst president ever in american history.

Billions of dollars in dept. Going into war under false evidence of weapons. There is a long list that I could go on. The american economy blows and they are not going to see above the waters for a long time because they focused on a war that should have never took place.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jan 12, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I'm discontent with his presidency overall. I don't think he was a good president by any stretch of the imagination, but looking back, let's say twenty years down the road, I probably wouldn't label him bad, just somewhat incomplete. The guy got into office with less than half of our nations voting populace in support following a lengthy national election that took too long to sort out (and even included the Supreme court). Shortly after being in office he was saddled with a huge burden of 9/11. I give him good marks for Afghanistan and poor marks for his strategic measures in Iraq. Second term the guy got saddled with natural disasters, i.e. Katrina. I think he reacted fairly the same as any other president would had in most of the calamities. His tinkering with the economy was average at best, loaning us our own money to see it taxed again, along with cutting interest rates several times. I give him mostly negative marks for the amount of bankruptcies filed and for a housing market that we saw peak, only to have increasing foreclosures to pursue. This lead to new tighter restrictions on mortgage broker loans. It took the pressure of most of the nation pondering what's taken him so long before seeing the minimum wage finally increased. Gas prices are ridiculous and having a presence in the Mid-East region of the world, to the contrary, has shown no oil benefit. To Bush's credit though, since his very first term, he has challenged the large car manufacturers to come up with alternative fuels. I think die-hard Republicans were mostly disappointed with his immigration reach-out that most people recognized as a form of amnesty. Overall because of the circumstances that happened during his presidency, a fair amount beyond his control, I'm grading him with a "C+."

Bobby
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I think he will be seen, even 30 years from now the worst president ever in american history.

Billions of dollars in dept. Going into war under false evidence of weapons. There is a long list that I could go on. The american economy blows and they are not going to see above the waters for a long time because they focused on a war that should have never took place.

Worst ? Come on now, even though he is a friend, can we all say

JIMMY CARTER
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Really? The prez is now responsible for bad mortgage loans??

I voted for the guy twice, and almost puked the second time, but the dem had a wacko and a liar so it sucked to be me.

But really... the prez had NOTHING to do with the mortgage fiasco.

When the hell are PEOPLE going to take responsibility for their own bad financial decisions?

A lot of lenders made bad, bad decisions. They should be held responsible too... a lot of financially responsible IDIOTS took out loans they couldn't sustain.

But I don't hold the president of a company responsible if there's no toilet paper in the stall.

Get real.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I think he has been a puppet, a shill for greedy people who have their own agenda.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I am talking about the debt caused by the governments policies, war policies, world policies. These are not debt caused by the people but by the government.

P.S. Wondergirl maybe your right. Puppet for greedy people. Still the President.

I am grading him with F, a big capital F. I guess I should also blame the people have voted him in twice. For being duped. Each time.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Instead of blaming the dems for having a decent candidate on the ballot... that's all I needed...
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
    And I do agree iraq never should have happened.

I said to my wife, when colin powell was in front of the un with wmd "evidence" I didn't care. Iraq wasn't right... that was long before the truth came out, and long before the dems started reversing their positions.

I have a friend who is iranian. I knew from him what war with iraq would mean.

But I voted for him the second time because we were there, like it or not, and the dems had a guy I didn't trust.

Unfortunately the gop did too.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Hello E:

He's the worst I've ever seen, and I been around since Roosevelt. Of course, I think the world will agree with me.

excon

Jan 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    really? the prez is now responsible for bad mortgage loans???

i voted for the guy twice, and almost puked the second time, but the dem had a wacko and a liar so it sucked to be me.

but really... the prez had NOTHING to do with the mortgage fiasco.

when the hell are PEOPLE going to take responsibility for their own bad financial decisions?

a lot of lenders made bad, bad decisions. they should be held responsible too... a lot of financially responsible IDIOTS took out loans they couldnt sustain.

but i dont hold the president of a company responsible if theres no toilet paper in the stall.

get real.

Nope. What you witnessed was the unbridled power of the lenders shafting people because the system was available to them, and that my friend came to a head under his presidency. And after it was too late, in conjunction with Ben Bernanke and Alan Greenspan's input, the President did his best to correct the snowball effect that was inevitable. Those sham lending services and offices have been closed down in Las Vegas. I suspect the same in your neighborhood. As for toilet paper, thankfully the President finally stopped the $h!++!ng and got off his pot. ;)

Bobby
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:53 PM
    He definitely is the worse ever. He makes even President Pierce look good and that poor man was one of the most forgettable presidents we ever had.

The bad dream will be over soon... maybe we can forget this man.

Hope he enjoys his retirement in South America.

Jan 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Well... the American citizens did reelect him. Even though I'm a democrat, for lack of a better party, I think George Dubya has done a fine job. He has stuck to his guns. What exactly does he care about I'm not sure; probably the bottom line, but he speaks like I do and I look at him as a regular guy even though I know he probably is not.

He has led the country through two wars and a recession; amongst other things.

I am ready for a different perspective however.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EIFS EXPERT
    He has stuck to his guns.
    And hasn't listened to the American people. Just "full steam ahead..." no matter what the polls say or the WH email/ground mail brings in. "My way or the highway."

He has led the country through two wars and a recession
    Two wars and a recession that he started or was a catalyst for.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Well...the American citizens did reelect him. Even though I'm a democrat, for lack of a better party, I think George Dubya has done a fine job. He has stuck to his guns. What exactly does he care about I'm not sure; probably the bottom line, but he speaks like I do and I look at him as a regular guy even though I know he probably is not.

He has led the country thru two wars and a recession; amongst other things.

I wanted to spread the love to wondergirl on her post, but was not able to.

The fact is George Dubya, Why do you think they call him Dubya, and if you base the fact that you talk like him well then I will call you Mr.Swift.

I will say the same thing. He (George is the one that caused the recession by putting all the money the country does not have into a wars that should never of even happened.

Night.

Jan 12, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Well...the American citizens did reelect him. Even though I'm a democrat, for lack of a better party, I think George Dubya has done a fine job. He has stuck to his guns. What exactly does he care about I'm not sure; probably the bottom line, but he speaks like I do and I look at him as a regular guy even though I know he probably is not.

He has led the country thru two wars and a recession; amongst other things.

I think the biggest positive coming to our nation through his two terms is the greater respect I see in people for our military personnel. My brother has served once under his father and three times in Iraq for Dubya. As proud Americans, no matter how we view our country's past presidents, being a US citizen is a wonderful privilege.

Bobby
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:29 PM
    I don't give a dam if he's in the pocket of oil or big biz or whatever...

The mortgage crisis is because people are idiots about their own finances.

Yes... the lenders made greedy, dumb mistakes. But that does NOT excuse joe public for being responsible for his own debt.

At what point are you willing to stand up for something? At what point does a person bear responsibility for their own actions?

I could have bought a home for 200K more than I did.

I educated myself. I ran the numbers. I knew I could do more, but id be better off where I am.

So... play the fricking martyr all you want...

People who do not understand money and then flail about when they are "screwed" because of their financial decisions are idiots.

Darwin says so.

Jan 12, 2008, 09:29 PM
    I don't agree with the war and I think 100 million dollars a day will have been better spent on the homeless or on children's textbooks or even paying disabled vets for missing limbs. That said said, he has shown that a little cojones is what's needed when dealing with people that want to kill us westerners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George and junior catoon [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can bought george and junior cartoon

Artist george villa [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to find out about a watercolor by this artist. Any info appreciated

George and Moses [ 1 Answers ]

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm. George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses." The man ignored...

George Bush [ 52 Answers ]

I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone. Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for His country. I'm struggling to...

View more questions Search