Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jan 12, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Wondergirl agrees: We're not proud of our military BECAUSE of him. We are proud that they endure DESPITE his being Commander In Chief.
    Wondergirl: good point! To clarify what I'm speaking of is the times we live in. I think our nation learned this time to love our military and not blame them, in regards to the poor treatment many of our soldiers got coming back from Vietnam. That our pride and respect was renewed despite the circumstance, not that Bush could ever give us that quality which we already had, being proud Americans.

Bobby
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
    I disagree, sort of...

While I love my military, I don't think we have the support that is stated here...

I'm not saying its like it was w vietnam... we don't have "baby killer" protesters lined up at the airport..

But I also don't think we are giving our servicemen and women the support they deserve. At least en masse.

I think its more of a cold acceptance is some cases.

But that only my limited experience. It's a big country, and I live in a little part of it.

Jan 12, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    i dont give a dam if hes in the pocket of oil or big biz or whatever...

the mortgage crisis is because people are idiots about their own finances.

yes... the lenders made greedy, dumb mistakes. but that does NOT excuse joe public for being responsible for his own debt.

at what point are you willing to stand up for something? at what point does a person bear responsibility for their own actions?

i could have bought a home for 200K more than i did.

i educated myself. i ran the numbers. i knew i could do more, but id be better off where i am.

so... play the fricking martyr all you want...

people who do not understand money and then flail about when they are "screwed" because of their financial decisions are idiots.

darwin says so.

Darwin studied birds on islands without mortgages. What the hell does "darwin" have to do with this post. And what was the "fricking martyr" comment about? I bought a house and turned a low six digit profit in a matter of three years and I didn't screw anyone in the process. Your statement that the lenders made dumb mistakes gave me the biggest laugh of the day. The lenders were not dumb, they knew exactly what they were doing. When your neighbor is effected, out of their own ignorance or being shammed by mortgage thugs, it effects the specs in your neighborhood.

Bush pushes bills to expand home refinancing options - BloggingStocks

Bobby

Jan 12, 2008, 10:19 PM
    i disagree, sort of...

while i love my military, i dont think we have the support that is stated here...

im not saying its like it was w vietnam... we dont have "baby killer" protesters lined up at the airport..

but i also dont think we are giving our servicemen and women the support they deserve. at least en masse.

i think its more of a cold acceptance is some cases.

but that only my limited experience. its a big country, and i live in a little part of it.
    What a surprise. You disagree, "sort of." Two, three, perhaps five percent? By far the majority of Americans are proud of our servicemen. Even the candidates that want immediate pullout or phased withdraw out of Iraq wouldn't even whisper such to the contrary. With all due respect, the public on average is light years ahead of how our Vietnam soldiers were treated.

Bobby
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
    I think our service men and women are getting shafted. They always have and always will.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Hmmm... survival of the fittest has nothing to do with nothing...

If you took on an arm at the very top of your available lending amount, I think you are ignorant.

I'm not saying YOU, I'm saying the person that did it. And the also the lender.

People who are getting creamed in the real estate market oftentimes have themselves to blame.

Maybe I'm just more conservative than others. Maybe I've just placed a priority on livng below my means in order to invest.

And if the darwin reference really threw you that much, we have little to say to each other.

Yes... as a double major in bio and chem I do understand Darwin wasn't talking to the finches about arm's. Duh.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Are you really b!tching about the fact I think our servicemen and women don't get the public support they deserve?

Clueless.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Uh... people running for election say what the hell ever they think they need to... gop or dem.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
    OK.. lets replace "martyr" with "whining b!tch"...

Again... if you made a really bad financial decision, such as borrowing WAY more than you should have, expecting home prices to ALWAYS go skyrocketing higher..

I think YOU are the number one person to blame.

I think no matter how many banks want to court me, I'm going to make a decision based on fiscal responsibility.

Now.. in the spirit of the thread, prez bush is an idiot on this matter... but so are many of the people who thought buying real estate when its red hot at its top dollar.

Like it or not, the people who signed their names to bad decisions are, in part to blame...

That doesn't mean to prez isn't an idiot.

Jan 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
    are you rally b!tching about the fact i think our servicemen and women dont get the public support they deserve?
    Kp2171- I said a small percentage, perhaps five or less, which is by far lesser than the Vietnam dynamic.

and if the darwin reference really threw you that much, we have little to say to each other. ?
    Now if your going to make a comment, just explain yourself. For example: a passing statement about "Darwin," which may have meaning, reads like gibberish. Sorry if you get offended with your double major bio and chem degree blah blah blah, but I need to understand your reasoning. It may actually be relative to the post. If you could just back up your statements with something tangible, I'd be glad to accommodate having a civil discussion. I've tried, but you don't seem to know how.

ok.. lets replace "martyr" with "whining b!tch"...

No, let's not. Let's speak in terms of respect, not adolescence. Those people, for the most part were ignorant, but many were taken advantage of. And again the bigger picture is that it still effects YOU. You do live in a neighborhood.

again... if you made a really bad financial decision, such as borrowing WAY more than you should have, expecting home prices to ALWAYS go skyrocketing higher..

i think YOU are the number one person to blame

You're contradicting yourself. Those mortgage companies, earlier, YOU said some are greedy. That was MY point.

i think no matter how many banks want to court me, im going to make a decision based on fiscal responsibility.

I know YOU don't understand this, but some people have to be protected from themselves because of predator loan sharks. While I read the fine print, often young first time buyers and little grandmothers sometime don't, nor do they often understand loan terms.

now.. in the spirit of the thread, prez bush is an idiot on this matter... but so are many of the people who thought buying real estate when its red hot at its top dollar.

like it or not, the people who signed their names to bad decisions are, in part to blame...

that doesnt mean to prez isnt an idiot.

I've got to go now and bless my son a good night. I have a long day of ahead of me at the credit office tomorrow, in the department where I work. I won't waste any more time on this post and quite frankly I'm bored with the dialogue. So I'll call it a night. Please take what I've mentioned as constructive criticism, if you will. It seems when this post started that I was one of the few, if not the only one so far, that gave a detailed general analysis of some good things and bad things that has involved Bush's presidency. Again I'm grading him a "C+"; he's not the best I've seen, nor the worst. :cool:

Bobby
    SonofSam Posts: 35, Reputation: 7

Jan 13, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Bad.

He went after Saddam, solely for the fact that he had a vendetta with him.

He stomped all over the UN.

He's a sociopathic, dyslexic, inarticulate greedy bastard who had everything in life paid for by daddy.

Dodged the draft.

Made sure all his cronies got rich.

He stole the 2000 election, granted nader should take some of the blame for not dropping out.

This is just off the top of my head so I'm sure the list goes on and on.

If you think this guy was a good president you have your head way up your a$$
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 05:01 AM
    I think that history will look on him generally in a good light. He will end his Presidency ;like Truman ,with very low approval ratings. Like Truman he will be graded better by history because people will realize that both entered their
    Presidencies having to redefine our foreign policy . The Bush doctrine on how to deal with the jihadists war on civilization ;like the Truman doctrine's defining how to deal with global Communism will be the template that future Presidents use .

Economically he piloted us through the twin hits of the tech bubble bust and the economic effects of the attack on 9-11-2001 . Because of his policies we have had one of the largest ,resilient ,and longest economic recoveries and growth . I know it is popular to now forecast doom and gloom but here is some of what was accomplished.

Household net worth increased in 2007. At the start of 2007, net worth was $56.1 trillion. By the third quarter, this climbed to $58.6 trillion and probably rose again in the fourth quarter. Even in the face of the housing-market bust, economic growth was a solid 2.5 percent. Job creation was robust. The U.S. economy added 1.3 million jobs in 2007. The Budget deficit is in decline. Although energy prices surged, core inflation was up only 2.3 percent . The softening of the economy this year might feel like a recession, but isn't, and conditions won't deteriorate into a recession. Most likely growth will slow but it will still be a growing economy.

His court selections were are outstanding ones .After he initially tried to use cronyism in his selection process he picked outstanding judges.

He has not been great . He should've smacked down the Republican Congress when they over spent . Some mistakes were made in the execution of the Iraq theater of the war against the jihadists. Those mistakes I believe have been identified and are being corrected. He could've and should've championed tax reform .His biggest fault is that he has not been an effective communicator . That caused him to fail at the beginning of his send term to get serious Social Security reform through Congress. I opposed some of his initiatives like comprehensive immigration amnesty and the Dubai Port deal ;and I also think he is making a mistake in his attempt at solving the Israeli -Palestinian question.

Overall however he has been a good President and I think history will recognize that .
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Considering how W has singlehandedly trashed this country I am wondering just what else is in store for us before he's out of office. Probably a few more contrived "disasters" upon the American citizens.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Probably as a madman if the truth of 9/11 ever comes out, either because he covered up the truth, or was involved in the conspiracy.

Jan 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Well, all I can say is that I'm ready for change. And I don't mean Obama.

Go hillary GO!

Jan 13, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Hillary is no Bill, besides, who else is there? None of the Dems's out there with the exception of Edwards stands a chance and I'm anti republican so you tell me. Who else is there?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Barack Obama.

Jan 13, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I like Barack but he doesn't stand a chance. Just wait and see. Besides... America is not quite ready for President Barack Hussein Obama.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 03:29 PM
    I don't think edwards has a chance.

I'm sure ill get more flak for this, but I was disappointed he was going the "big business bad" slant this time through. It plays well to the poor and some middle class, but not to the reagan dems... not to mod republicans who are willing to vote against the party line as well

Just don't think he will get the crossover votes playing the part of the enemy of all things incorporated... though he did seem to pull hard against obama in the first caucus among the independents... was a little surprised at that. And of course you never know who the gop candidate will be, so maybe hed show stronger than I give credit.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
    You still stuck on the Hussein thing? That has nothing to do with anything.

I said on another forum when Obama became IL's junior senator that he would be running for president. I was called crazy and got booed off the forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

George and junior catoon [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can bought george and junior cartoon

Artist george villa [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like to find out about a watercolor by this artist. Any info appreciated

George and Moses [ 1 Answers ]

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm. George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses." The man ignored...

George Bush [ 52 Answers ]

I hate politics! But recently there has been such a flood of it coming through On TV, radio, and the internet that I can't escape from hearing things - all of which I do not like or condone. Can someone please tell me anything good that president Bush has done for His country. I'm struggling to...

View more questions Search