Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slimteen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Too slim?
    Hey..
    I'm 15 years old boy and I've got a problem. I am 176cm high and weight 62kg. I look really slim compared with my school mates. They are all good looking while you can see some bones on the front of my chest. I think I am well built: I train volleyball, and got well built muscles but they don't even look OK on my body :(
    The thing is I don't know if I'm even attractive to girls - girls hug my friends from time to time and I get a stupid handshake..
    I eat like crazy, I do exercises for muscles but I'm still slim. Is there any way I can make things better?

Best Regards
    MandaBear0511 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Slim, you probably aren't to thin. I think I am to fat! When I know that I am not, because I only weigh 105ibs. My friends tell me all the time I am not fat, and that I am like the skinniest girl the've ever met! You should ask someone what they think about your body, probably should be a girl, see what they say. I bet you aren't even tooo slim. If you still think you are there are skake mixes you can take to biuld muscle.

Have you been thin all of your llife?

Jan 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Hey.. I guess your friends are saying your fat in joke since you weight 105 lbs (47 kg right?) but I don't know your height. My friends tell me I'm slim and not in joke. And yes I've always been slim but didn't care till 1 year ago - that's when I started building my muscles.

Best Regards

Jan 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
    No, My friends don't tell me I am fat, they tell me I am too skinny. I am really skinny, but I think I am fat! I don't know why though! I tell myself all the time I am skinny but I can't convience myself.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
    In the amrican metric system you are 5'7 and at 136 pounds.

I am not expert in diet or anything but I suggest, stop exercisesing, and eat fatty type food, let the fat build up, in your body and you chest, then go back to working out

But to me, you sound just fine, I am 5'10 and at 160 pounds

If you have too fast of a metablism to do that, then get the shake mix (or how ever they come) that helps you build up fat
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:43 PM
    I think it is probably genetic. I was 6 foot and 115 pounds at your age.

Now my weight is double that. It only took 20 years... of good food?

Just have to be happy with who you are... work on being healthy and happy, and relaxed around the girls... Probably the responses you get from them are more about your relaxed personality or comfort level around them than physical appearance.

If you get offered a handshake when they hug someone else, say "hey, forget that I want a hug too..."
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Jan 12, 2008, 08:50 PM
    You probably just have a high metabolism, like I do. I can eat and eat and I will never gain a pound (or in your case, a kilogram).

Jan 13, 2008, 04:24 AM
    Hey.
    Thanks for all of your replies!
    Just want to know what a shake mix is? And is there anything where you can find normal weight compared in height at my age - a some kind of program or a webpage. Or is there a way I can calculate this on my own?
    Thanks again
    Best Regards
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Children First for Health - Teens - Health - Healthy eating - Your weight and BMI - Find your BMI

Here is a child BMI site. Important things to note about this is muscle weighs more than fat so a high BMI in an athlete is often misleading. Teen and kids BMIs are compared to percentage of other people in their age group to determine what is probably overweight/underweight. You can also find growth charts to help you - I used to know a great site for this but I can't find it anymore :(.

Here is one you have to work out yourself
    Growth Charts - Body Mass Index for Girls
    But you will see you are in the healthy range! Bang on the 50th percentile- that's the thick line in the middle.

If you are still worried about your weight go see a doctor and they can refer you to a nutrionist to help you gain weight healthy withour resorting to just eating loads of fatty foods etc.

Fuzzy sharing time- I used to get picked on for the same thing. People seem to think it is all right to make fun of somebodie's weight if they are thin. Of course it isn't- sometimes it helps to point out you aren't commenting on their weight perhaps they should stop mentioning yours. This tends to work quiet well with proper friends. As for other girls try not to let it get to you. Not everybody is the same and you don't have to try and fit some statistiaclly average body shape to have a happy healthy life. There is always variation.
    Good luck

Jan 13, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Hey.
    Thanks templelane! I calculated my BMI and looked at the chart (you gave me girl chart :) ) and found out that I am in the middle which is normal :) Well guess this is good for my health but I'm still not looking as good as my friends are :( I will keep on exercising and eating a lot.. Hope it helps :)
    Thanks for replies!
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jan 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Hi Slimteen,
    I wouldn't worry about it, your height to weight ratio doesn't sound too unnatural. And you're 15... in my school most of the guys around that age were quite skinny. You're probably going through a growth spurt, so no matter how much you eat you're unlikely to become huge. You should bulk up a lot at around 18.
    And I always had a thing for skinny guys... :P... maybe it's just me. I'm sure you look fine though. If girls aren't hugging you, maybe you're coming across as shy or something, so they are unsure of how comfortable you are around them... just a thought.
    As for the protein shakes, I'd be careful with those. You'd probably do better by concentrating on eating lots of healthy foods rather than things that are likely to make you fatter. Maybe take up weights or something instead.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Sorry I mistook you for a girl! :o It was the girls hugging thing- I can see the "im a boy" in the question now. Way too tired this morning... Well the message is the same regardless- just be happy with yourself. I bet you'll bulk out when you're a little older, seemed to be from 18 to 21 for all my male friends. It's weird it seems to happen almost overnight for some guys.

Jan 13, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Hmm well about that 18-21 thing. Every male in my family is cca 190cm tall.. If I'm going to be that big too I won't bulk up till 30 with my current body look :( God I hope I won't be that tall!
    Again thank you for your replies
    Best Regards
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Its not hard to gain weight. And yes, most girls are attracted more to thick muscular guys. Your still young, but if you want to gain weight, take protein suppliments, creatine or whatever else there is to gain muscle. You have to go to the gym and work out though, and be determined.

Jan 13, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Hi.
    Well I am thick and I am muscular but not in the way other guys are ;) The thing I can't stop thinking of: my chest - you can see 3 lines of bones there (upper one is the most annoying). I can see some other guys have them too but I think mine are pointed out the most. I do exercises for my chest muscles and I've got them quite big but those bones are still seen :( Are those chest bones normal? I mean I have the "perfect" BMI (50%) and my bones are pointed out on chest - So this is supposed to be normal??
    Best Regards
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Whoa, dude. Your looking at the wrong things, and comparing yourself, to the standards set by others. Change your attitude of how you see yourself, and stop trying to be like "those guys". You want hugs from females, make a lot of female friends and hug them. You want admiration, accomplish by being the best you can be. Its about attitude and self-confidence, not body image.

Jan 13, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Good, you need to know that you are not ever too anything! And should be happy how you are. I hated myself for a longtime but I learned that hating myself was only making my life worse!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slim fast diet [ 7 Answers ]

For those of you out there who have tried the slim fast diet, what were your results? Please no answers about healthy eating and regular excersise, I know all of this, I was just wondering about results of the slim fast diet. Thank you all!!

I'm slim [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am 15 years old guy. I have a problem with my weight.. I am cca 175 cm high and have 58 kg.. I am doing exercises every day and eat a lot (I really do eat a lot - my friends are wondering how can I be so slim). Some bones are seen on my chest (I don't know how to call them) and I have a...

Slim fast drinks [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking at getting rid of weight around 3 to 5 stone on slim fast drinks can it be done will it make me poorly I have tried eating healthy and I'm very active I cycle 4miles or more a day I walk miles due to my job and I have a 6yr old and I'm a single mum so I'm always on the go I have had...

Slim please -- not muscular [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bit of flab around my triceps area and when I rest my arm against the side of my body it looks large and it's driving me crazy. I also have a bit of flab at my inner thigh but I'm pretty sure its lessening as I do daily about 50 squats, 25 in morning, 25 at night. Am I working out...

My boyfriend was looking for someone tall and slim but [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months and we are getting along really well. There is just one thing that is really bothering me. Before we met my boyfriend was looking for someone tall and slim as he is 6ft 2 and slim himself. Im only 5ft 3 and have a normal body. (not over weight but not...

View more questions Search