Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Can you tell the Judge that the thoughts of the mean sister scared her so bad you had to send her to another state. Maybe have her write a letter for the Judge about her feelings or make a video telling the Judge everything she can think of that upsets her about the sister and have your brother write a letter too.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Sounds like you are going to need to possibly get an attorney on your side. Your "doctor" sister seems to be good at "doctoring" the situation. She also seems to have many resources. If your sister in Florida signs papers or stated that the sister gave her pills... especially without a prescription... that could look bad on the doctor... but then proving it might be difficult. I'd say that you will need to inform the court that the sister has relocated to another state, and that she is outside of their jursidiction. She did this of her own free will, and you did not do it as no one has authority over her. The sister in Florida might need to have an attorney represent her as a free citizen of Florida against having judgements from where ever the "bad" sister manages to work the system.

You might find yourself being in trouble with the courts if they think you are at all trying to not follow their rulings or are in any way responsible for the relocation. The handicapped sister does need to communicate that she wishes to have no contact with the "bad" sister because of past experiences.
    denice Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2008, 04:49 PM
    We live in tn bad sister and me. I will give the judge there number down there. She says she does not want to come back to live until bad sister is dead. She is tired of it. My brother came this way so I had nothing to do with it. We just want her to stay free and happy to have choices and be able to do what she wants. You guys have helped a lot thank you very much

Feb 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Well here is the update. I wrote the letter to the judge. I told him how my bad sister was doing to my handicap sister. And we told the guard of litem. And nothing was done. I told the judge everything. Then I came home and left them all a message. That I wrote the letter to the judge. And my brother who is a retired police officer had to come to tn to protect my handicap sister because no one listen to her. And boy are they mad. They wanted to know if I had a copy of the letter. And was yelling and screaming at me. But nobody asked where handicap sister is. I wonder why. Well I will give you an update as it goes along and again thank you very much she is safe and happy
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 06:58 PM
    You still shouldn't assume your sister in Florida is in the clear. The court could potentially get involved and somehow order her return to TN... Possibly saying she left without state authority (I don't know? ) But I've got a feeling it isn't over and that she really needs to get advice from Florida courts... I'm not sure who you mean was yelling at you? The bad sister or the court people? Also, did you keep a copy of the letter you sent the judge?

If your sister had the guardian ad litem appointed by the court, it may be that person has the power to say if the sister can leave the state or not... you don't want to end up facing kidnapping charges or something... or have your sister charged with something... courts can come up with all sorts of legal stuff... your sister in FL really needs an advocate who knows the laws.

Feb 4, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I did not keep a copy of the letter and my bad sister would yell at her on the phone. We told everyone no one listened. She had no guardian they were not sure she needed one. They wanted her to take a test to see. My brother says they have no juradiction on her. Because no one has ever been her guardian. We will get a lawyer in fla and fight it if we have to. My bad sister was horrible to my brother down there so he knows what we say is true. That is why he came right up to get her. I relize it is not over. But he can help so much more than I ever could

Feb 4, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Oh the guard of litem yelled at me because I did not stop her from leaving. I told her she did not stop my bad sister from bulling my handicap sister. So why should I stop it. She said my sister was her client. I said she is my sister. And I told the judge in a letter and he could call them. And she got real mad and said I would never see my sister again. So I hung up
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I think it might be best if your brother looks for legal advice in Florida they might be more cooperative. Your sister needs to keep insisting on what she wants.
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
    That is a pretty strong statement from her. Wonder what the heck she meant? Keep us posted. Sure sounds like she is going to try something... keep your brother informed... that she may try to come after him for helping her "client" leave the state... could be some trouble if she was court appointed... Seems like they might try to have you and your brother removed from the issue..?
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 09:11 PM
    "Clients" can say "YOU ARE fired!"

Feb 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Well everything is still quite. My mean sister is watching everybodys house to see if she can see my handicap sister. I did talk to her today. She said hi to everyone. My sister in law reads the letters to her so she knows what is going on. We are still on guard though.

Mar 18, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Well here is the update I just got out of jail they were holding me in contempt and my brother is bringing her back and I can not stop it they are going to give her exam to see if she needs a guardaitm they took her check and her insurance this is such a tragic situation, it is amazing how she was never abused but can be taken away from a family she knows and loves. Tomorrow I am going to the newspaper and every place I can think of if you have any ideals write write write please
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Going to the news may be a good idea. She doesn't need to live with somebody that is going to treat her so badly. Maybe since they took her check and her insurance the mean sister will not want to be bothered with her now?
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I was afraid you might be in for a lot of trouble. I still think your sister needs a good lawyer to protect her rights. Without that, she will be at the mercy of the lawyers, and a court appointed lawyer for her may not necessarily represent her best interest... It might look good on paper, but her desires you have mentioned might get passed up in the shuffle of papers leaving her at the mercy of the courts, and a lawyer who does not see her as much of a money making case, may not put much effort into fighting on her behalf.

Wish your sister with the handicap would have hired that attorney before now. The way it stands currently, you look bad as far as being found in contempt and have little hope (in my opinion) of getting custody of your sister without a lot of good legal help on your side.

I would look for legal aide and advocates in your area for people with disabilities.

Good Luck

Mar 18, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Well we decided to go legal aide tomorrow my brother is going to file for custody and then we are going to find a lawyer. One who handles people rights that have been taken away I just do not know what I am looking for. We have money I am not sure what to look for. I have four brothers that are all stepping up for custody. I know she is distroying me. But I do have help. Some one said that there is a lawyer that handles handicap people cases does any one know what they are called. I looked in the phone book. But I still am not sure

Mar 19, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Well This Is The New Update I Found A Lawyer And Will See Him Tomorrow. My Sister Is Not Coming Back Yet. And I Found My Paper From The Military That States She Is My Ward. My Mother Signed Her Over To Me Before She Passed Away. I Did Not Realize This And When They Find Out I Quess I Will Be In Trouble Again. I Do Not Think I Am Doing To Well Here. Will Update When I Come From The Lawyer On Wednesday
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Hope you got good news. The diability lawyers are called that and sometimes legal rights advocates for the diabled. I'm not sure if her being your ward only counted when she was a minor or not, but the lawyers will be a big help for you!

Keep us posted!

Mar 20, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Well I Go Back Tomorrow To The Lawyers. I Finally Got My Papers In The Mail. My Mother Did Sign My Sister Over To Me She Is My Ward. And She Had A Test Done When She Was 18. My Mother Did This When She Was Alive. And Two Weeks Later Passed Away. I Did Not Remember What We Did Because She Was So Ill. I Guess I Was So Depressed And Did Not Relize It. When We Saw The Paper I Remembered. So I Guess We Go From Here. And I Have No Ideal What Will Happen Now.

Mar 23, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Well This The Update They Can Not Get My Sister From Fl And We Do Have Her As Our Ward. But The Judge Says I Am In Contempt Of Court Because She Is In Fl. So They Gave Her To My Mean Sister And Stopped Her Check It Will Go To My Mean Sister. And Unless I Bring Her Back I Will Roit In Jail. Right Now I Am Out On A Furlo. We See The Lawyer Again Tomorrow. I Have Decided I Will Not Bring Her Back Because I Will Be As Guilty Of The Abuse As The One Doing It. When We Talk To The Lawyer Tomorrow If My Brother Can Not Get Custody. Then I Guess We Will Go To Fl And Fight It. Which I Know Is Real Bad. But I Do Not Know What Else To Do.

Apr 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Well they still have done nothing. I really do not understand. They were in such a hurry. They took her check and threw me in jail. Now it has been a month and they say do not get her yet. So in reality she is a handicap person down there with no money. And I know my brother will take care of her. But how can they do this and why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Handicap toilet [ 8 Answers ]

How far from the wall should you install a handicap toilet?

Ticket for parking in handicap zone? [ 11 Answers ]

1. You are just turning into the handicap spot. You are backing up and the police blocks you. He gives you a ticket for parking in the handicap zone. 2. You have not parked. You are just picking up someone for 1 minute. As you are backing up the police blocks you and gives you a ticket. Does...

Handicap Registration [ 1 Answers ]

Can you pleas tell me how to register as handicapped in Spain, I was recently diagnosed as having Age-related Macular Degeneration.

Golf handicap [ 2 Answers ]

How do you work out a golf handicap?

Noisy handicap tenant issue! [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a rent-stabilized apt. run by DHCR. One of the residents over me is handicap(wheelchair)(mother). However, the rest of family(20+yrs old kids and grandchild) are not. We have constantly been battling a noise problem over our heads for 20+ years from these residents(mom very nasty, and...

View more questions Search