Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meatbag Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Feel all alone
    :( I just feel all alone in my life. I have some friends, I have no love in my life, nor do I ever think I will. Everything feels so final since I'm a senior in high school. I've just been super super depressed since October. Every now and then People tell me I'm funny and a sweet guy, But inside I feel like a selfloathing creep. I want to be in love, I want to be happy. I'm sick of this lonely feeling because I feel to complex, I'm an atheist and I don't drink or do drugs nor do I ever plan to. Is there any steps I can take to being happy again? Please I'm reaching out to anyone. I can't afford anymore disappointment.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 12, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Good evening Meatbag...
    I think some of what you are feeling we all felt as our senior year in high school came near an end. You have spent many years with the same group of kids in a lot of cases. Now you are getting ready to plunge into adulthood and that can be exciting but it can also be stressful and cause you to feel apprehensive.

As far as feeling alone and empty you phrase that by adding that you are single. As hard as it is to hear this, from an adult, you are so young. I know being in love causes a euphoria it can also cause heartache and headache (read some of the posts) If I can give you any good advice at all it would be that you have to learn to be happy and fulfilled with yourself, or you will never be able to be happy with another. I know that may sound so corny to you now but it's something that you will find so true later in life.

So how can we find that happiness that seems to be misplaced? Only you can really answer that. I can tell you that it helps to try to focus on the things that are exciting in your life. Do you plan on going on to College? If so, where? Do you have plans after HS that you are looking forward to coming to fruition? Have you decided what you want to be now that you're all grown up?

My best friend a few years ago started to do something that always made me smile. When he could sense I was having a rough day or getting complacent, he would send me an e-mail at the end of the day asking me to share with him something that made me smile today. That simple gesture has grown through the years and we will still do that with one another now. To this day that simple, small gesture alone makes me smile, when I'm feeling low. Focus on what makes you smile throughout your day.

When I was your age, I really had no clue. I had a 5 year plan, but as you find out later in life, our life journey takes on it's own path at times. We get lost, get a flat, pull over for a while and than eventually get back on track. My mother wanted me to be a nurse. That was all great and dandy my friend, except one minor detail she liked to think was not that important, I don't like the sight of blood. So needless to say, the nurse idea, didn't fly.

So please share with us "older" folk some of the ideas and plans you have. You can help us feel young again and we would love to hear them.

One last thing to leave you with that hopefully brings you a smile. I keep this posted above my desk as it makes me smile everyday. It was a speech I was told Bill Gates gave to a class of graduating seniors regarding their future. Try to read it and smile. You have your entire future ahead of you, really regret free. So many people would trade places with you in a minute. So stop putting so much pressure on yourself, you will be fine.

RULE 1
    Life is not fair - get used to it.

RULE 2
    The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world
    Will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel
    Good about yourself.

RULE 3
    You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out
    Of high school. You won't be a vice president with
    Car phone, until you earn both.

RULE 4
    If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a
    Boss. He doesn't have tenure.

RULE 5
    Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your
    Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping
    They
    Called it Opportunity.

RULE 6
    If you mess up,it's not your parents' fault, so don't
    Whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

RULE 7
    Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as
    They are now. They got that way from paying your bills,
    Cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about
    How cool you are. So before you save the rain forest
    From the parasites of your parent's generation, try
    Delousing the closet in your own room.

RULE 8
    Your school may have done away with winners and losers,
    But life has not. In some schools they have abolished
    Failing grades and they'll give you as many times as
    You want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the
    Slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9
    Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get
    Summers off and very few employers are interested in
    Helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

RULE 10
    Television is NOT real life. In real life people
    Actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

RULE 11
    Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for
    One.

Good luck to you, and remember always smile you never know who's falling in love with it.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Love them rules,
    Meatbag Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Thank you all so much for your help in this strange time for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Why I feel this way? [ 2 Answers ]

:( :confused: I am 20 years old this morning I felt really dizzy while I was getting out of bed and I felt as if I couldn't keep my balance now it happened again and I don't know why it is that I am feeling this way all of the sudden I feel real nasious and this is the first time that this ever...

I should not feel like this but I do. [ 2 Answers ]

Right now life is bad. No friends, no family. It's just me and my kids. No home, no income, just bad. I want so bad to just die. But I know if I do my kids will suffer the life I had to endure in foster care. And what's worse I'm jealous of people like andrea yates (right now) she did something I...

You just FEEL it [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone ever "Felt" pregnant when you don't know for sure. For some reason I feel like I am, not in a physical but in an intuition type way. Something inside just tells me that I am. What do you think?

View more questions Search