Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragondog Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
    building a cage and estimate
    I have been and still am saving my money I'm going to try and convince my parents to let me get a lizard.. bearded dragon . I have one before but they sold everything so now we need a new one. Anyway what is the best guess of price that anyone can give me to make a cage with plexiglass wood and watever else about (3-4ft x 2-3ft).. hopefully my dad may be able to build it but I need an idea of price! Please help ( not including cage accessories!) PLEASE HELP! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 03:31 AM
    I would think that most of the supplies to build something like this, as you describe, would probably be under $40.00. At least around where I live, it most likely would be under that price. The lid would need to have holes in the wood or be a screen of some kind so that the lizard could breath.

If you use screening type material for the sides as well as the lid, it should cost you less than if you use Plexiglass. Plexiglass can be expensive. Plus, if you don't have just the right tools, it can be hard to cut to the correct size.

Maybe you have some things in the garage or in the attic that could be used for supplies in order to make the cage?
    dragondog Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Wow really I was expecting something in the high hundreds! But that's great thanks for the help!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 03:37 PM
    The possible price that I gave you was for the building supplies only. If you were to hire someone to build it, other than your dad, you might be paying an additional $75.00 to maybe $150.00 for labor costs to construct it depending on how it needed to be constructed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peeing and Pooping in cage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a metal cage for our 3 1/2 month old miniature schnauzer puppy. We had bought her to be an inside pet, but because of her peeing and pooping in her cage we have moved it out into the garage and that's where she stays during the day and sometimes at night. When we get up in the...

How do I estimate? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to start a small powerwashing business,can someone tell me what the going rates are for deck washing and sealing. I am in the central jersey area Do you charge by the sq. ft and how much?

Salamander cage [ 1 Answers ]

What sort of set-up would you need for a blotched tiger salamander to live in? More aquatic or dryer?

Cage training for the puppy [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a cage for our puppy, because during the week she will be alone from 8 to 5 and will be let out at noon for about 15min. Right now we are off till Monday so we are trying to do as much as possible... My question is... When were sitting at home with her and she's sleeping in...

View more questions Search