Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kizzza Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jan 12, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Broadband Provider
    Hey,

I was wondering if you have broadband, that the broadband provider records every internet activity that is made on your computer?

Thanks, let me know if you know.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
    This may be what you're looking for

Reminder: Monday is Wiretap the Internet Day | Threat Level from Wired.com

SMILE :) Big brother is watching you!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    This may be what you're looking for

Reminder: Monday is Wiretap the Internet Day | Threat Level from Wired.com

SMILE :) Big brother is watching you!
    That stuff is related to the U.S whose citizens have had their privacy completely eroded over the last few years - the OP is in the UK.

Typically ISPs do not keep a record of sites visited, they keep session info.
    sarahbrowski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2013, 08:59 PM
    Actually, if the internet service provider want to monitor your activities, they can do it. But usually it is not practical to monitor the records of every users and storing all these information takes to massive storage space. So if they need, they will, for sure.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Oct 10, 2013, 08:19 AM
    They usually won't monitor what you're doing, unless you give them a reason to. For instance if you're downloading illegal content via torrent, and you are using an unconventional amount of bandwidth, they may monitor you to make sure you are not doing anything illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Prepaid phone provider? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm looking for a prepaid cell phone, a cheap one. I don't want to get a monthly bill because there are going to be periods of the year where I'm not going to use my cell phone. I don't talk a lot, but I don't talk a little. The last phone I had, I used an average of 600 minutes a month. What's a...

Inventory for service provider [ 3 Answers ]

At the year end of fiscal year, how can I record my hours provided for my clinets but not billed yet. Inventory should be debitted and then what should be creditted? Thanks.

Man's provider skills on test? [ 20 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 2 yrs now, and things are getting serious now, I mean we have intentions of getting married and have a life together. My problem and I'm starting to have seconds thoughts about it, that sometimes I feel she test my provider skills...

Internet service provider [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody Can some one tell me how to create dial up internet service to the public. What do I need to get, set up, etc. I like to create 800 # to the public if it can be done. I think it can be done.

View more questions Search