Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salemcat Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Can get my comp , mp3 to work ?
    I got a mp3 player and I'm having some probs with it I can't seem to get my mp3 player to work on my computer I have got itunes on it so when I go to click the icon my computer brings up this mess ( a required DLL,MSI.DLL File was not found ) so what do I do ? And how do I get the itunes to work with me ?
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Jan 12, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Hiya
    What is your O/S, does your computer recognise the device when it's plugged in? Found new hardware etc. DavidB.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 01:37 PM
    The MP3 needs to be plugged into USB port to charge it up

There should be a small CD with drives for your MP3

When you install the setup.exe drives -- there is new drive

Computer sees MP3 as external removable drive

Slould be ready to work with iTunes

There should be a website for your player

And the manual has lots of information
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 03:29 AM
    Is your MP3 player an iPod ? If not it will not work with itunes , if it is an iPod try uninstalling then reinstalling itunes , if it is just an mp3 player (not ipod) you should have gotten a disc with it , install drivers from disc.

Feb 8, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by squinter
    Is your MP3 player an ipod ? if not it will not work with itunes , if it is an ipod try uninstalling then reinstalling itunes , if it is just an mp3 player (not ipod) you should have gotten a disc with it , install drivers from disc.
    OK I have the disc and I have installed it but nothing has happened should I reinstall it ? Or what please your help is very apresheeighted , so thanks for it so far , hope to see it again , thanks criss .:)

Feb 9, 2008, 02:16 AM
    Just a thought about MSI.DLL File was not found , have you done any Microsoft updates lately if not then update , also you still have'nt mentioned if your mp3 player is an iPod , this would be good to know so we can try and solve your problem .

Feb 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
    just a thought about MSI.DLL File was not found , have you done any microsoft updates lately if not then update , also you still have'nt mentioned if your mp3 player is an ipod , this would be good to know so we can try and solve your problem .
    My mp3 player is just an mp3 player super slim black , if that helps , anyway I have had that same prob about the MSI.DLL it throws that up when I try to download it in to the computer all so my computer is a 1998 , so would that be a prob ? I have done some updates too it but I don't have the info to get what I need exactly , so if you no of any site that mite help , as well , thanks again , criss .

Feb 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
    What is your operating system? your PC is a little old, check your mp3 manual to see if its compatible with your os . I don't think your mp3 player will work with itunes though, can you give us a link for the mp3 players website if it has one ?

Feb 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
    what is your operating system ?, your pc is a lil old, check your mp3 manual to see if its compatible with your os . I dont think your mp3 player will work with itunes tho, can you give us a link for the mp3 players website if it has one ?
    OK I can give you the name of what I think the operating sys is it's a NEC , didin't think that itunes would work , but thanks , the link is www.colbyamerican.com or something like that , if you need anything else then please just get with me , and thanks 4 your help .

Feb 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Ok NEC is not your operating system , they make chips and other parts for pc's , to make things easyer are you using windows 98, windows M.E , windows XP etc , maybe you could try installing it on a friends who has a more up to date PC ? The link you gave does nt work either .

Feb 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
    [QUOTE=squinter]Ok NEC is not your operating system , they make chips and other parts for pc's , to make things easyer are you using windows 98, windows M.E , windows XP etc , maybe you could try installing it on a friends who has a more up to date PC ? The link you gave does nt work either .[QUOTE] so sorry I was off in my own little world last night , anyway I found out that my computer is on widows98 and the link is COBY Online - Home this will work , so just let me no if you need more info , thanks again .salemcat .

Feb 16, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Right , seems you need to have windows media player 11 on your PC but with you having windows 98 I'm not sure that will run on your PC either , you could try to Google for a free version of winamp or VLC media players , instructions for your player says...
    Windows Media Player 11 (WMP11)
    The directions in this guide are given for WMP11, but you may use any media management
    Software on your computer. Its worth a try , other than that you could kind of update to a newer PC :P , hope this helps , let us know how it goes :)

Feb 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Right , seems you need to have windows media player 11 on your pc but with you having windows 98 im not sure that will run on your pc either , you could try to google for a free version of winamp or VLC media players , instructions for your player says ........
    Windows Media Player 11 (WMP11)
    The directions in this guide are given for WMP11, but you may use any media management
    software on your computer. Its worth a try , other than that you could kinda update to a newer pc :P , hope this helps , let us know how it goes :)
    I have a good feeling about this thanks 4 all your help and I will let you no if it works , thanks again , salemcat .
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Feb 22, 2008, 03:40 PM
    My advice would be to down load this Zune - Reviews and free Zune downloads at Download.com or if it doesn't work use windows media player for synchronizing it.

Feb 23, 2008, 03:53 AM
    Zune requires windows XP/Vista , salemcat's OS is windows 98

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

Who do I contact to get a policy with work comp insurance in North carolina?

Work comp ins [ 5 Answers ]

In dec my work comp ins was due . Iwas out of town , my ins agent did not try to call my busniss or me 4 days later an emploree of mine was in an acentdent was injured . My ins agent told me sorry your ins was canceled.I was out of town my agent has my bus. Phone my cell phone #s what can I do

How do v format our comp? [ 4 Answers ]

How do v format our comp... Is there any drawbacks... Is there any harm 2 d comp... :o

Comp not getting switched on [ 3 Answers ]

computer is not getting switched on.the display shows random colours after sometime.what could be the problem?

Work comp ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Granmadidi gave me advice thank you didi, hoping you'll respond again I fell at work than fired. I did report the injury in fact while I was filling out the paperwork the boss came in and fired me on unrelated cause. I went to the doc that day and he took x-rays and reccomonded no work and...

View more questions Search