Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zennia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Gas Fireplace Will Not Hold Flame
    We moved into a used (10 years old) house with a Heatalator gas fireplace.  It was supposed to be working, but we could not get it to hold a fire.  The fellow who passed it before closing said it held for him.  But he could not get it to work for us.  He spent 5 hours changing over everything except the valve, without success.  The pilot is small, when the flame comes on it stays for only a minute, then goes off again.  I wondered if someone threw chemicals in it to make colors, and they clogged something.  I cannot think it was working before the closing and will not work now.  Is anyone able to evaluate this problem? 
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Has anyone replaced the thermocouple yet? I'd would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat reads Hold AC and will not Hold Heat [ 2 Answers ]

Chromotherm III thermostat reads Hold AC and will not Hold Heat--reverts back to Hold AC when run program is pushed.

Flame on - fan on - flame goes out [ 1 Answers ]

Thermostat calls for heat, ignitor comes on, burner lights, when hot enough for the fan to come on the burner shuts off. The fan runs for awhile and the ignitor comes back on, lights the burner, runs for a short time and everything shuts off. Then the cycle starts all over again but does not reach...

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

No flame [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a home that's approximately 12 years old. The gas heater seems to be working fine, but no flame. I can smell gas, but it never shuts off unless I turn it off. A few months ago I had a similar problem where the sensor needed to be cleaned. The problem then was produce a...

Flame out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Evcon Natural Gas Furnace. The unit comes on, the combustion chamber fan comes on , the igniter glows orange, the flame ignites and main fan comes on but flame goes out.

View more questions Search