Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Eviction from boyfriend
    I was living with my fiancé for 4 years and he has evicted me but will not allow me to get my things that I bought out of the house when he evicted me I wasn't living there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2008, 07:50 AM
    I suspect the eviction did not follow legal rules. You need to contact the police and explain the situation. They may come with you to the house to allow you to get your things.

If they won't help, you may have to sue him.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Send him a written request that you be allowed access to the property for the return of your belongings. Make an itemized list of exactly what it is you need to get back. If he still won't budge then enlist the aid of your local police department ; they may (or may not) be willing to accompany you to the property so that you can pick up your things. If that fails then you'll have to go to small claims court and ask that he be ordered to return your things.
    missklutz16 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 09:29 AM
    You may have to take him to small claims court if he refuses to give you back your things.
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Jan 13, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by softail
    I was living with my fiance for 4 years and he has evicted me but will not allow me to get my things that i bought out of the house when he evicted me i wasnt living there.
    You said "I was living with my fiance for 4 years and he has evicted me........you then say "when he evicted me I wasn't living there"

If you aren't living there, how can he evict you? What method did he use to "evict" you? Writing, verbal, through the court?

If you had previously lived there and moved out, leaving your belongings without an agreement to leave them there and it has been very long, then he can certainly argue it is abandoned property.

If you moved out on your own and when you decided to move back in, he told you no that you couldn't... then that isn't really an eviction.

If I am leasing a house and I move off for any considerable amount of time(usually 30days min) and leave all my belongings and then come back and the landlord says you can't move back in and you aren't getting your things, well then I think I'd probably lose if I took it to court. Unless the landlord specifically knew I was going to be away for that amount of time, but still wished to occupy the resident and I continued paying my monthly payment.

Does he own the home or lease it? Are you on the lease? Was there a lease between the two of you?

Sounds like a definite small claims case to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend eviction [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives with me. He does not pay any bills, he does not get any mail and his name is not on anything regarding my house. We started living together and he was in and out trying to work on our relationship. He decided 5 weeks ago now that he was leaving at which time he said he would be...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 18 yr old, nearly 19. He does not want to help out around the house. Bad influence on 15 yr old. Pays 300 dollars a month rent. I want him to move out and be on his own. How can I make him leave?

Boyfriend Eviction [ 5 Answers ]

I own my own home, my b/f has lived with me since 06/95. There is no lease or written agreement between us regarding payment of rent etc. He has paid the monthly bills incurred and occasionally part of the property tax. The relationship has gone bad and I asked him to leave. Do I have to serve...

View more questions Search