Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olivea765 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 09:47 PM
    On the Sidewalk Bleeding By: Evan Hunter
    Am looking for the underlying theme of this short story. (ie: what underlying message the author is trying to convey to the reader) I need to later include textual evidence quoted from the story.

I think that the theme has something to do with the event when Andy found his own identity- that it was not related to the 'Royals' jacket he possessed- right before he died.

Am I on the right track?
    Dingwall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Irony is used through out the whole story. Like at the start he said that it was a "fierce rumble" and he was acting all tough because he was a royal. Then he discovered that the only reason he was jumped was because he was a royal. The he was wanting to move to a safer neighborhood because there was so much voilence. Then the last thing he wanted to do was not to associated with the Royals and his last dyeing energy was used on taking the jacket off that caused his death.

Im not sure if that really helps but yea there u go.
    ashnaverma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Well andy really didn't gain his self identity cause when the cop/ police came and picked up the jacket he said:?" a Royal huh?"
    But laura knew that andy wanted to be just andy not royal
    howardly88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Ye Im doing the story too I think he just wanted to be a andy not aroyal so he took his jacket off and I also think he finally found out that being a gangmember is not good nomore and want to be a normal kid having a normal life like veryone else. But joining a gang is very hard to leave so Don't JOIN ONE by Howard Ly

AZIAN MAN
    howardly88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Comment on howardly88's post
    I like your thinking man well keep it up asian boy.
    malinbobby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Comment on howardly88's post
    Why'd you say that to yourself
    ha0209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 05:53 AM
    I think it is to tell the readers the darkness of the gang life
    When you put on your gang jacket, it will be hard to take it off (just like for andy)
    Hopefully, less people will join in

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem to Hunter [ 3 Answers ]

I need help wiring my new Hunter from my old Rheem!

Hunter fans [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a Hunter wall mount remote control for my hunter fan. Can anyone help?

3-D sidewalk chalk art [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry; not a question, but check out some of these incredible 3-d sidewalk chalk drawings: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm .

My kitten was covered in ants evan in her eyes now she's blind and dying [ 2 Answers ]

i found my kitten in my sisters room and it was compleatly coverd in ants evan in her eyes and mouth...i got them all of but now she is blind and she is dying..but i dont know what to do....i tried feeding her...and it did give her some energy....but not much...what should i do?

View more questions Search