Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jan 11, 2008, 09:34 PM
    The Word of God.
    Why do we Christians believe the Bible is the word of God?
    Is it necessary for a written document to be clamed by the writer as inspired, to be considered Scripture? Or are there other criteria that can be used?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Because of course the Old testement contains the history of Gods relationship with man up to the point that christ was born.

But many things can be inspired from God, many ministers may have a word of wisdom from God. But the early church reviewed for the new testement the writtings of the early apostles and they found the ones that were the most used and known and proven at the time and included those.

Other writings can be inspired, but are not held to the level of the scripture which is the guide line.
    And while others may have options of right and wrong with out it, they can often be in errror and living in a immoral method is they rely on their own judgements.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jan 11, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Becuase of course the Old testement contains the history of Gods relationship with man up to the point that christ was born.

But many things can be inspired from God, many ministers may have a word of wisdom from God. But the early church reviewed for the new testement the writtings of the early apostles and they found the ones that were the most used and known and proven at the time and included those.
    We are on the same page.

This is at the heart of many of the divisions between Christians today. I know the Bible is the Word of God because I recognize the authority of the early church to make such a decision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
    And of course there are those that hate God so much , they will do anything to weaken his word. And often we find those people in the church and even behind the pulpit. There was a poll in one church in Europe a few years ago and about 10 percent of their preachers admitted they did not believe in God. About 30 percent did not believe there was a hell. And we remember the bible tells us that the good and bad are together and God will seperage them on the last day, Plus of course we are also warned that religious that are pleasing to what man wants to hear will arise. And of course many want the love but do not wish to be the sheep who follow the voice of Jesus in their actions either.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 6, 2008, 09:01 PM
    What other collection of books written by so many different authors over such long period are in such complete agreement? Fulfilled prophecy is proof. The fact that when the Bible is actually put into practice, it works. Jesus fulfilled, illumintated and fulfilled the "law and prophets". The Church exists today in spite of all the violent efforts to stamp it out.
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Feb 6, 2008, 09:13 PM
    I can give you seven reasons the bible is trustworthy. PM me to tell which one.
    Logical reason
    Scientific reason
    Historical reason
    Prophetic reason
    Christological reason
    Providential reason
    Personal reason- like I said PM me and ill be more than happy to help
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Using Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows 98 and I want to know how to make templates for different size paper and different margins. Please make it simple, as I have tried about 3 hours and cannot get it right, and thank you so much for your help Kathryn Klenk [email protected] I write a lot of letters and copy...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search