Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Developing Psychic Potentials?
    I once went to a meeting where a person was a "pet psychic" and took a picture of my former pet. In looking at the picture, the person was able to tell me the sex, age, and hair color of my son, what the dog died of, as well as a prediction of my future life troubles... I was quite skeptical at the time, but no one there knew anything about me... and I also picked up on a much stronger feeling that was apparent on her face that she did not reveal... She made no effort to continue discussions with me, so there was no financial incentive for her... So, I now have to be a lot more intrigued by the possibilities.

I would like to hear about how people develop their abilities... in the realm of any type of psychic experience... no matter what type.

How does one "practice" or know that you are doing something in the beginning?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Oneguy. Essentially you "know" something is different with you. I have many gifts. One gift is psychometry (the reading of objects), one gift is precognition, and another gift is being able to "talk" to animals. I have several others as well.

As far as I know you can read books that help open your mind to how to concentrate as just about anyone can "practice" as you put it. Some of us are just more aware of the world around us.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:40 PM
    I do appologize if my wording is not the best. I'm not familiar with terminology in the subject, and have no desire to sound offensive...

Do you ever feel anything different when you are around people who also seem to possess some abilities?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:49 PM
    There is usually an aura I pick up when I meet someone with those abilities. Some call it an energy and it can be positive as well as negative. I have felt it when visiting someone - just walking into their home and getting "hit" by a sense. Not too long ago I went to see a friend of mine and he was showing me his new fish in his salt water aquarium. A very different presence in his bedroom than in any other room of his home.

I asked him if anything odd or strange had been going with him. He said the night before he had a psychic experience - a visitor that he saw the form but not the face. I got the heck out of there and have not come back. Was not good.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:57 PM
    There are websites that instruct a person how to improve or develop their psychic abilities.

Spiritual articles. Information about Spirituality.
    Developing Psychic Powers: How to develop psychic ability, live psychic ability, clairvoyant ability, telekinesis, psychokinesis and telepathy without telling or the need for a fortune teller
    http://psychic.proastro.com/?act=show&id=165&o=article

Lots others too. The caveat with those is that most are trying to sell you their book or materials. Also you need to be aware of where those talents are coming from.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 06:04 AM
    We all feel energies around us all the time, most of it we tune out.
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I'll give you a quick "course" in psychometry. This is the gift of reading objects. Every object has a "history" once it has been owned and worn by a person.

One of the best places to practice is Goodwill (of all places). Go there by yourself one day. Take an object, say a shirt that appeals to you. Hold it quietly and close your eyes and essentially the first thought that pops into your head is possibly the history behind the shirt. You might get the impression of "Gee, thanks honey for the shirt." pop into your mind but deep inside you don't like the shirt (hence it ended up at Goodwill). Try an object like a cup or figurine and see what impressions you get. Keep doing this no matter how wild a thought first comes into your head as the thoughts are usually right.

I have this gift and find it quite useful at times. One time I bought a beautiful old wall pendulum clock that was about 36" high. Real wood case. An Elgin with a beautiful glass door. It was from early 1960's. I just had to have it and it was only $10 at a thrift store. I got it home and found that putting a battery in it did not make it work. So my son took it apart, put it back together and it would work. When I "read" the clock I knew it had belonged to an attorney who was very demanding and had a terrible temper and whose office had a view of Lake Erie as his office was in Cleveland. I could clearly see his office is my mind's eye and could hear this guy literally yelling and screaming (as most attorneys do). Anyway, the clock stopped working. My son was really aggrevated by this fact so we sent away for some new guts for the clock. Guts came. Clock needed a longer stem for the hands. Son got very aggrevated and actually kicked the glass door in! (He's usually laid back as a rule). I was stunned he did this but then I remembered the attorney who had this clock in his office was very testy and wanted everything done now or else. I took the clock outside and threw it in the garbage. It took about an hour for my son to get back to himself. The clock had held the attorney's imprint.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 04:03 PM
    I know where I will be going early next week! I like going there anyway...
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Also, try looking on Amazon.com for used books on psychic powers. Buying them new is a rip if you ask me. I've found some good books at $1.00 with $3.00 shipping. Some were printed 10 or 15 years ago though but the information is still very much viable today. This "education" of yours oneguy, is going to be an ongoing thing. I've been at it over 40+ years now and I'm still learning more all the time.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2008, 05:59 PM
    The only thing that works best for me is not getting caught up in believing what the media and experts want everybody to believe. You have to get in tune with something deep within yourself. Your brain and emotions as well as things and people around you can often focus your attention away. Most of the time with me it is some passing thought that I don't even think about and then days later I will be like I knew that was going to happen but I just let the thought go at the time. I try harder to think about the little things I use to pass off as nothing especially the day I thought of it and as much as I can get. Like sometimes it is just a feeling and maybe a spot that I happen to be driving by.
    It is harder to get psychic stuff when it is something or someone directly related to you because you chalk it up to worry or wishful thinking which it usually is.

Some of my more conscience thoughts were nagging thoughts that didn't make sense at the time.
    I never get anything as vivid as twinkledooter

Like for three whole weeks before Princess Di died I kept seeing a car in a dark tunnel and having the reoccurring thought "Someone more famous than a movie star, the world will know and stop, It won't be Liz or Bob Hope or an old person dying in the hospital but a tragedy. The thoughts started right after a friend of mine told me that my old bf's 27 yr old son had died. The second I met him I knew he wasn't going to live to 30 and he looked healthy.
    When my old boyfriend was 42 I knew he wasn't going to live to see 50 and he died at 49 three months before his 50 bd.

Another one was, in the mid 90'sI was driving down Carson Street near the West End Bridge during the Regatta and I swore I saw the stunt pilot go into the Ohio River. I looked again and he was flying up. A couple days later during his final stunt he was doing the same thing same place and he went in.

I don't know how to 'make' them happen (but mine are mostly death anyway) other than what I already said -getting in tune with your spirit and not looking to the material world for answers.
    StephenPetullo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    I once went to a meeting where a person was a "pet psychic" and took a picture of my former pet. In looking at the picture, the person was able to tell me the sex, age, and hair color of my son, what the dog died of, as well as a prediction of my future life troubles... I was quite skeptical at the time, but no one there knew anything about me... and I also picked up on a much stronger feeling that was apparent on her face that she did not reveal.... She made no effort to continue discussions with me, so there was no financial incentive for her.... So, I now have to be a lot more intrigued by the possibilities.

I would like to hear about how people develop their abilities... in the realm of any type of psychic experience... no matter what type.

How does one "practice" or know that you are doing something in the beginning?
    Start with meditation. Daily. Even if for only 10 minutes in the beginning. Turn off the TV and set aside time to meditate every night, morning, or both.

In time, regular meditation will expand your awareness. With this awareness, you will become more intuitive. You may also want to check out any spiritual tools that you are drawn to, such as tarot, astrology, numerology, dream interpretation, or others. All these tools will give similar results if you use them correctly and comprehensively, but it's better to specialize in one or two of them to get the best results. Or you may choose to use no tools and just your intuition. It's up to you; do what feels right.

black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Apr 19, 2008, 05:08 AM
    The main thing I learned from my psychic abilities is to let it develop on its own pace,
    Don't force anything let it go in a natural way... what you need will come to you to help you further on your path.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Developing a thesis [ 27 Answers ]

Hi ! I've been reading a lot on how I can develop my thesis but I'm still having trouble. I'm an environmental management student and I have 2 topic options. (word limit: 10 000 words max) 1. 'An environmental management plan for the Lower Liesbeek' *the Lower Liesbeek is part of the...

Developing my English fluency [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... I don ve english fluency... Because of this I'm not able shine well... tell some solution... to slove...

Developing a natural water spring? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I capture and use my natural water supply on my land?

Education for a student from a developing country [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any free of charge educational institutions in EU for developing countries like Armenia. I have taken my Bachelor's Degree , I am now interested in taking my Master's in Europe for Hotel and Tourism Management. If you have any info on this topiv, please, let me know. I will be very...

Cherry cabinets developing blemishes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - About 18 months ago I installed new semi-custom cabinets in my kitchen. Just yesterday I noticed that the rings of the cherry are starting to turn very black. Even worse, blackish blemishes have formed on a couple of the cabinets, approximately 2" by 1/2" long. To the touch, it's...

View more questions Search