Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alancwa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Microphone not listed in volume control
    How can I get the microphone to show in the master volume control. It is not there now and I need to adjust the volume.
    Thanks for any help on this.
    Alan
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Open your volume master control and go to options then properties and put a checkmark in the microphone box and then click OK, it should now be in the master volume control
    alancwa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    open your volume master control and go to options then properties and put a checkmark in the microphone box and then click ok, it should now be in the master volume control
    Have tried that but microphone box was not here.
    Thanks
    Alan
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Go back to master volume and go back to options and click on properties

Tight below mixer device is "Adjust Volume For:", put the rasio dot in the recording not the playback, you should now have a deffierent set of boxes to check, Microphone should be there, if not there is something else to look at

Check it out
    misswilson2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
    I have same problem but won't let me click on recording tab :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba satellite laptop volume control [ 8 Answers ]

I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The dial that controls volume no longer works. Controlling volume with the speaker icon works OK. Why does the dial no longer work?

Remove Volume control from taskbar [ 18 Answers ]

I have been trying for months to get rid of a volume control from my task bar, it turned up at some point (I think its to do with Java) as well as with the original volume control that was there from the start. As my laptop has external control for volume, video, etc, these have stopped working...

Microphone Feedback? [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought new hp pavilion a1560n and I plugged it all up and starting talking on skype via a logitech headset. Everyone says they can hear what ever sounds my computer is making, be it music, games, or beeps from AIM. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that my soundcard is integrated,...

Microphone not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... downloaded skype and did the recording test and it won't record.. not sure if my settings are correct.. running... xp home... any help welcome!!

Microphone for a Mac G4 [ 1 Answers ]

There is line input on this machine and I have been told by Apple that it needs to have a self powered microphone to work. I have tried the Griffin USB adapter to no avail and my hardware test cd rules out any hardware issues, says Apple support. Please do not speculate here. I am looking for...

View more questions Search