Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlevenseller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Are house lift stations reliable?
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

My family is looking at buying a house that has a bathroom in the basement. It consists of a shower, sink and toilet. From what I am told it has a lift station in order to get the used water and sewage up to the main drain level.

I have no experience with something like this and was just wondering how reliable something this is.

If a lift station is not very reliable is there a better option?

I'm a fairly handy person and can do my own plumbing and remodeling but I'm just wondering if I'm asking for trouble.

Thanks for any info or advice,

David
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
    There is no better way to provide drainage for a basement bathroom group then a ejector pump and holding tank. In point of fact that's about the only way you're going to drain the group. As with anything mechanical there can be break downs but, on the whole, we get very few complaints about them. Rest easy! Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Tom is totally right. If you ever do need to replace that pump make sure you don't by a sump pump, an ejector pump is mandatory for this applicatio, about $225 at HD.
    dlevenseller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Thank you both very much for the responses. It makes me feel a lot better.

David

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

List of radio stations and format [ 1 Answers ]

How would I get a list of fm radio stations in Cleveland, Ohio which also describes the type of music or typical artists they would be playing. Thanks

Comcast Tv Stations [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a new TV about the same time Comcast offered the digital network, Our TV has HDTV built into it so like channel 4 has two stations one is 4 and the other is 4.1 Does anyone else get this and is there a channel guide? We now have over a 100 stations with no box.

Receiver for European Satellite Stations? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a satellite receiver on the market that can access european satellite stations, and if so is a decoder required. I am based in the UK. Obviously I would need a satellite dish that can be remotely.

View more questions Search