Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 08:17 AM
    HC,
    Thank you for sharing with us what you are going through.
    Hope you find your peace soon.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Anybody can become angry - that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

My hope is to learn this and understand it so that my anger becomes healthy and hopefully one day, gone.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 07:27 AM
    (For K)
    "It seems to me that trying to live without friends is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it."
    ~Zora Neale Hurston

(For me)

"Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?"
    ~Author Unknown

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand."
    ~Irish Blessing

"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected."
    ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

"A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it."
    ~Helen Rowland

"Fare thee well! and if for ever,
    Still for ever, fare thee well."
    ~Lord Byron

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
    ~Theodor Seuss Geisel, attributed
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief
    --Joseph Addison

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship.
    --Ralph Waldo Emerson

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.
    --David Weatherford
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Everywhere I go, I am humbly reminded that no matter what obstacle is placed before me, I never have to look too far to find someone less fortunate than myself, that I can lend a helping hand.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 09:43 AM
    “The best doctor in the world is a veterinarian. He can't ask his patients what is the matter -- he's got to just know.” ~Will Rodgers

“A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright

“Just because your doctor has a name for your condition doesn't mean he knows what it is”

Grrr... Can you tell I loathe doctors today??
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Any child will tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble. -- Dennis Fakes

"Allheart Nobrain......get over here RIGHT now!!! " :eek:
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Any child will tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble. -- Dennis Fakes

"Allheart Nobrain......get over here RIGHT now!!! " :eek:
    "Allheart Nobrain" wow... you just gave me a giggle... actually, it was more like a guffaw!! Wow, C, that was good... I love it!

My Mom only used my middle names when I was really in trouble. Yes, middle names. First grandaughter, two grandmothers, BIG name... :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    "Allheart Nobrain" wow..... you just gave me a giggle.... actually, it was more like a guffaw!!! Wow, C, that was good.... I love it!

My Mom only used my middle names when I was really in trouble. Yes, middle names. First grandaughter, two grandmothers, BIG name... :)

:) There were 5 of us... so Mom didn't even take the time to call out the name... we just heard her talking some sort of language awfully loudly... we each ran in a different direction and the dogs in the neighborhood started to howl.

( I am on the way to the lost and found... hopefully someone was kind enough to return my mind )... Hey, that could be another one.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:18 PM
    So... I had to actually "pick" my name when I was in 3rd grade... as my teachers couldn't say my real name (I'm one of dem forners). So I picked my first name.

Then, another kid in my class (another wonuvdem forners) had the same name as me... so I had to pick a middle name so school records wouldn't confuse us.

... I picked a letter. Literally. My name is Sneezy B. Fun (not really, but you get the picture).
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:20 PM
    LOL! Niiiice...

Foreigner, huh? Where are you originally from?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
    s. Korea.
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Wow! When I was in China, I lived in Dalian - not too far from North and South Korea.

Very cool.

MMmm... I love Korean food...
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Today, my dear friends, I share my quotes with K. I believe we are on the same page today... a page of beginnings. Looking at the future, this new, unwritten chapter, this mysterious unknown. Last night I couldn't get this one phrase out of my head "The Land of Beginning Again" - from a poem I read a while back.... The Land of Beginning

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.” ~ Seneca

“What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.” ~T.S. Elliot

""There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." ~Louis L'Amour

""Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

A beginning does not always mean an ending; sometimes it simply means a re-focus, a new attempt at balance, an unwritten chapter. ~HistorianChick
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    so...I had to actually "pick" my name when I was in 3rd grade...as my teachers couldn't say my real name (i'm one of dem forners). so I picked my first name.

Then, another kid in my class (another wonuvdem forners) had the same name as me...so I had to pick a middle name so school records wouldn't confuse us.

...I picked a letter. Literally. My name is Sneezy B. Fun (not really, but you get the picture).
    You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...

But you can't pick your...
    Well, if you sneeze funny, everyone is going to love you!! :cool:
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 04:38 AM
    "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" - Our Lord

I hope you all don't mind me throwing that one in. But it's a nice reminder to me that if Our Lord could have forgiven,especially during the time that he said that, shame on me for not doing the same if far less difficult circumstances.

May all of you have a beautiful day.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 6, 2008, 06:59 AM
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour – his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.

~ Vince Lombardi
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 07:20 AM
    At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus, Lyrical and Critical Essays
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 6, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I'm in a Charles Bukowski mood today….enjoy!

“Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live”

“Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.”

“Sex is interesting, but it's not totally important. I mean it's not even as important as excretion. A man can go seventy years without a piece of a$$, but he can die in a week without a bowel movement.”

“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”

“There is a time to stop reading, there is a time to STOP trying to WRITE, there is a time to kick the whole bloated sensation of ART out on its whore-a$$.”

“Well, people got attached. Once you cut the umbilical cord they attached to the other things. Sight, sound, sex, money, mirages, mothers, masturbation, murder, and Monday morning hangovers.”
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 09:06 AM
    LOL! Wow, MA, thanks for the quotes! :D Love the one about stopping writing...

I love this thread... it is a perfect outlet for moods... quotes say things so much better than I could ever attempt to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search