Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hey, HistorianChick!

Since this thread is now archived and not showing up on the daily posts, have you considered starting another thread about quotes that might have a different theme, please? Generally, the people now posting on this one are the ones who've already posted on it or who happen to visit the forum topic area, see the thread and take an interest in it.

Thanks!
    Archived clough? :confused: It shows up for me at the top of the forum as soon as someone posts on it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Hi, friend4u178!

Yes, it still appears in the forum topic area, but not on the daily ones. There's a difference.

Anyone who has posted on this thread or will post on it will still receive notification that someone has posted on it.

My posting here should now show up on the top of the daily list, if this thread wasn't archived.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 03:31 PM
    It's not there...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks for clarifying clough , to be honest I didn't realise there was a Daily list?

Anyway all good cheers :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 03:56 PM
    New-ness showing, I too have to ask, what's a daily list? Is it to do with the orange skin?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    New-ness showing, I too have to ask, what's a daily list? Is it to do with the orange skin?
    Cats, I'm not new and I would have asked.

The orange skin thing makes sense. I'm on the eye friendly skin, not the "burn your retina" skin. ;)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Thanks, guys. Ignorance shared is less embarrassing. Clough, oh fountain of enlightenment, please educate us.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 11:20 PM

Hey Alty, reminds me of a funny story. I was VP of a small Beauty Supply store. Went to all the meetings with reps, learned about all the products, went to market in Dallas to buy for the store, etc.

The previous owner (who I would not agree to work for) had come in to help as a salesman on the road since his brother owned the business at that time. Every day.......everyday........he would come in and ask some assinine question and I would politely answer each question with much diligence. I knew he was trying to embarrass me thinking I would not be able to answer the questions he asked about products, salesman, etc. I got tired of it. One evening, he came in off the road......asked one of his "quality" questions with disdain in his voice. Very seriously after calling him by name and making eye contact with him, I said, "You know you have always heard "Ignorance is Bliss? Well (name) I am probably the happiest person you will ever meet."
    No more questions from him ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He treated me with respect and never crossed that line again! LOL
    (Talked to Chery on the phone yesterday! She sounded amazingly great! So anxious for her to get home and get back on computer!)
    Hi all.......haven't forgotten anyone, just been going to two Nursing Homes a day and now my sis-n-law is in hospital.......given maybe a week............so have been pressed for time and energy.........Miss all of you!
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Hi, jrebel7!

I haven't forgotten about you! Things have been pretty rough here! I'm glad that you got to speak with Chery!

By your sister-in-law being given a week... What do you mean by that, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Hi, jrebel7!

I haven't forgotten about you! Things have been pretty rough here! I'm glad that you got to speak with Chery!

By your sister-in-law being given a week... What do you mean by that, please?

Thanks!
    Sorry Clough for not clarifying. She has had a 10 year battle with cancer and has fought a valiant fight! She will win but not in this world, she will be going to a better place.
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Dear jrebel7!

Thank you for your clarification! Yes, a better place...

Thanks!
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7 View Post
    Sorry Clough for not clarifying. She has had a 10 year battle with cancer and has fought a valiant fight! She will win but not in this world, she will be going to a better place.
    10 years! Oh Rebbie, I'm so sorry. Cancer is a horrible disease. A better place is right. She won't have to worry about this blasted cancer any more.

I'm glad you talked to Chery. I really want to call but I can't spare the money for long distance right now. Things are tight, and now Christmas is around the corner and hubby goes back to school in January so things will be even tighter. I'm working now so I hope things get a bit easier, but it will take some time to catch up on all the bills.

Airing all my dirty laundry. ;)

If you get a chance to call Chery again please tell her I send my love and I'm thinking of her and lover her. I feel horrible that I can't do it myself. :(
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 03:56 PM

Really sorry to hear about your sister Rebbie , so here's a little something that I'd like to share that I think you will love...

The Pink Dress

There was this little girl sitting by herself in the park.

Everyone passed by her and never stopped to see why she looked so sad.

Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat And watched the people go by.

She never tried to speak.

She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop.

The next day I decided to go back to the park in curiosity to see If the little girl would still be there.

Yes, she was there, right in the very spot where she was Yesterday, and still with the same sad look in her eyes

Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little girl.

For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young children to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress.

It was grotesquely shaped.

I figured that was the reason people just passed by and made no Effort to speak to her.

Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven forbid if you make a step toward assisting someone who is different.

As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to Avoid my intent stare.

As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more clearly.

She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK; I was there to help, to talk.

I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, 'Hello'

The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a 'hi '; after a long stare into my eyes.

I smiled and she shyly smiled back.

We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty.

I asked the girl why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face said, 'Because, I'm Different... '

I immediately said, 'That you are!'; and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, 'I know.'

'Little girl,' I said, 'you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent.'

She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her feet and Said, 'Really?'

'Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch over all the people walking by.'

She nodded her head yes, and smiled.

With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed her Wings to spread, then she said 'I am.'

'I'm your Guardian Angel,' with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless -- sure I was seeing things.

She said, 'For once you thought of someone other than yourself.

My job here is done'..

I got to my feet and said, 'Wait, why did no one stop to help an Angel?'

She looked at me, smiled, and said, 'You're the only one that could see me,' and then she was gone.

And with that, my life was changed dramatically.

So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is Always watching over you.

Like the story says, we all need someone...

And, every one of your friends is an Angel in their own way.

The value of a friend is measured in the heart.

I hope your Guardian Angel watches over you always.
    Pets Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 03:59 PM

M, I have to spread the rep, stingy greenie giver that I am. ;)

That sent shivers down my spine. Good shivers.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)
    Jonny Glitter Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2009, 05:02 PM

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits." - Richard M. Nixon, 37th President of the United States
    Rhiannnonn Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2009, 11:37 PM

Oh my! HistorianChick, you've tossed out a question in one of my favorite areas: quotes. I actually collect them. I'm going to go put on a pot of Constant Comment, and once I have a cup poured, I will start listing a few of the ones I just can't do without.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These first few are best understood if you know who Leo Buscaglia was or at least heard him talk. Reading his books was almost as good as listening to him talk (shout), but listeing to him talk was more fun.

A wonderful realization will be the day you realize that you are unique in all the world. There is nothing that is an accident. You are a special combination for a purpose-and don't let them tell you otherwise, even if they tell you that purpose is an illusion. (Live an illusion if you have to). You are that combination so that you can do what is essential for you to do. Don't ever believe that you have nothing to contribute. The world is an incredible unfulfilled tapestry. And only you can fulfill that tiny space that is yours.
    Leo Buscaglia

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.
    Leo Buscaglia

Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.
    Leo Buscaglia

Each of our acts makes a statement as to our purpose.
    Leo Buscaglia

I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. You can also stop and say, No, I won't do it, I won't behave his way anymore. I'm lonely and I need people around me, maybe I have to change my methods of behaving and then you do it.
    Leo Buscaglia

I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it's apathy. It's not giving a damn.
    Leo Buscaglia

It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital connection between them.
    Leo Buscaglia

Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
    Leo Buscaglia

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position.
    Leo Buscaglia

I have a feeling that when my ship comes in I'll be at the airport.
    - - Charles M. Schultz (Peanuts)

I love those who do not know how to live for today.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I still live, I still think: I still have to live, for I still have to think.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Idleness is the parent of psychology.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In everything one thing is impossible: rationality.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!
    Friedrich Nietzsche

When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

An absolutely new idea is one of the rarest things known to man.
    Thomas More

And it will fall out as in a complication of diseases, that by applying a remedy to one sore, you will provoke another; and that which removes the one ill symptom produces others.
    Thomas More

The heart that has truly loved never forgets, But as truly loves on to the close.
    Thomas More

What though youth gave love and roses, Age still leaves us friends and wine.
    Thomas More

Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound.
    Thomas More

I am convinced we do not only love ourselves in others but hate ourselves in others too.
    Georg C. Lichtenberg

If you are going to build something in the air it is always better to build castles than houses of cards.
    Georg C. Lichtenberg

Just as we outgrow a pair of trousers, we outgrow acquaintances, libraries, principles, etc. at times before they're worn out and times - and this is the worst of all - before we have new ones.
    Georg C. Lichtenberg

Much can be inferred about a man from his mistress: in her one beholds his weaknesses and his dreams.
    Georg C. Lichtenberg

There are very many people who read simply to prevent themselves from thinking.
    Georg C. Lichtenberg

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    C. S. Lewis

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
    C. S. Lewis

The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.
    C. S. Lewis

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."
    C. S. Lewis

There is, hidden or flaunted, a sword between the sexes till an entire marriage reconciles them.
    C. S. Lewis

Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult.
    C. S. Lewis

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
    C. S. Lewis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll stop here and put together another page of quotes. I'll try not to keep the new page so heavy. :)

Rhiannnonn
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 11:42 PM
    By-the-way, jrebel7, I love your new avatar!

Oct 28, 2009, 01:01 AM

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T. E. Lawrence

"I often wonder whether men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"Love' has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married."
    -Katherine Hepburn

It is an extra dividend when you like the girl you've fallen in love with.
    -Clark Gable

I am intrigued by glamorous women... A vain woman is continually taking out a compact to repair her makeup. A glamorous woman knows she doesn't need to.
    -Clark Gable

[on playing Rhett Butler] I discovered that Rhett was even harder to play than I had anticipated. With so much of Scarlett preceding his entrance, Rhett's scenes were all climaxes. There was a chance to build up to Scarlett, but Rhett represented drama and action every time he appeared. He didn't figure in any of the battle scenes, being a guy who hated war, amid he wasn't in the toughest of the siege of Atlanta shots. What I was fighting for was to hold my own in the first half of the picture - which is all Vivien's - because I felt that after the scene with the baby, Bonnie, Rhett could control the end of the film. That scene where Bonnie dies, and the scene where I strike Scarlett and she accidentally tumbles down stairs, thus losing her unborn child, were the two that worried me most.
    -Clark Gable

Types really don't matter. I have been accused of preferring blondes. But I have known some mighty attractive redheads, brunettes, and yes, women with grey hair. Age, height, weight haven't anything to do with glamour.
    -Clark Gable

An author ought to write for the youth of his own generation, the critics of the next, and the schoolmaster of ever afterwards.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Everybody's youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go according to any rules. They're not like aches or wounds, they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

It is in the thirties that we want friends. In the forties we know they won't save us any more than love did.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's not a slam at you when people are rude, it's a slam at the people they've met before.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

The idea that to make a man work you've got to hold gold in front of his eyes is a growth, not an axiom. We've done that for so long that we've forgotten there's any other way.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Between two evils, I always choose the one I never tried before.
    - - Mae West

I believe in loyalty. When a woman reaches an age she likes, she should stick with it.
    - - Eva Gabor

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
    - - Jessica Rabbit "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

There's something about me that makes a lot of people want to throw up.
    - - Pat Boone

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.
    - - Oscar Levant

I'm not confused, I'm just well mixed.
    - - Robert Frost

I'm not an egomaniac like a lot of people say. But I am the world's best dancer, that's for sure.
    - - Michael Flatley

I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
    - - David Lee Roth

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference.
    - - Jack Kerouac

I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.
    - - Katherine Hepburn

There's nothing better than good sex. But bad sex? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex.
    - - -Billy Joel

Sex is good, but not as good as fresh sweet corn.
    - - -Garrison Keillor

Sex appeal is 50 per cent what you've got and 50 per cent what people think you've got.
    - - Sophia Loren

Everyone probably thinks that I'm a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I'd rather read a book.
    - - -Madonna (1991)

There is nothing safe about sex. There never will be.
    - - -Norman Mailer (1992)

Cocaine habit forming? Of course not, I ought to know. I've been using it for years.
    - - Tallulah Bankhead

I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months.
    - - W. C Fields

When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, I didn't like it, I didn't inhale it, and never tried it again.
    - - William Jefferson Clinton

The only thing I thought might ever kill me off was clean living. I thought, "How am I going to listen to that horrible noise I make without a gram of coke and a couple of double Jack Daniels?"
    - - Iggy Pop

You know, it's cigarettes that killed (Jerry) Garcia. Everyone thinks it's heroin, but it wasn't. It was cigarettes.
    - - John Mellencamp, 1996

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
    - - W. C. Fields

I love people. And when you love people that much that you're disappointed in them every day, that love can turn to hate in a flash of a second.
    --Johny Depp

I love the way men smell. I love the way they taste, their texture, the way they're built.
    - - Marilu Henner

I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind.
    - - -Andrea Newman

I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.
    - - Zsa Zsa Gabor

I like two kinds of men: domestic and imported.
    - - Mae West

I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
    - - Zsa Zsa Gabor

It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life.
    --Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stone, December 2, 1976.

Our bodies are just temporary vessels for our souls, which will go on forever. You really are an extension of the power that created the whole universe, no matter what drags you have on.
    - - Ru Paul

If I hadn't been a woman, I'd have been a drag queen.
    - - Dolly Parton

How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?
    - - -Zsa Zsa Gabor

I should think that being my old lady would be all the satisfaction or career any woman needs.
    - - Mick Jagger

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T. E. Lawrence

"I often wonder whether men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"Love' has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do."
    -Katherine Hepburn

"If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married."
    -Katherine Hepburn

It is an extra dividend when you like the girl you've fallen in love with.
    -Clark Gable

I am intrigued by glamorous women... A vain woman is continually taking out a compact to repair her makeup. A glamorous woman knows she doesn't need to.
    -Clark Gable

[on playing Rhett Butler] I discovered that Rhett was even harder to play than I had anticipated. With so much of Scarlett preceding his entrance, Rhett's scenes were all climaxes. There was a chance to build up to Scarlett, but Rhett represented drama and action every time he appeared. He didn't figure in any of the battle scenes, being a guy who hated war, amid he wasn't in the toughest of the siege of Atlanta shots. What I was fighting for was to hold my own in the first half of the picture - which is all Vivien's - because I felt that after the scene with the baby, Bonnie, Rhett could control the end of the film. That scene where Bonnie dies, and the scene where I strike Scarlett and she accidentally tumbles down stairs, thus losing her unborn child, were the two that worried me most.
    -Clark Gable

Types really don't matter. I have been accused of preferring blondes. But I have known some mighty attractive redheads, brunettes, and yes, women with grey hair. Age, height, weight haven't anything to do with glamour.
    -Clark Gable

An author ought to write for the youth of his own generation, the critics of the next, and the schoolmaster of ever afterwards.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Everybody's youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go according to any rules. They're not like aches or wounds, they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

It is in the thirties that we want friends. In the forties we know they won't save us any more than love did.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

It's not a slam at you when people are rude, it's a slam at the people they've met before.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

The idea that to make a man work you've got to hold gold in front of his eyes is a growth, not an axiom. We've done that for so long that we've forgotten there's any other way.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald

Between two evils, I always choose the one I never tried before.
    - - Mae West

I believe in loyalty. When a woman reaches an age she likes, she should stick with it.
    - - Eva Gabor

I'm just an old maid with an attraction to men.
    - - Janet Reno

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
    - - Jessica Rabbit "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

There's something about me that makes a lot of people want to throw up.
    - - Pat Boone

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.
    - - Oscar Levant

I'm not confused, I'm just well mixed.
    - - Robert Frost

I'm not an egomaniac like a lot of people say. But I am the world's best dancer, that's for sure.
    - - Michael Flatley

I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
    - - David Lee Roth

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.
    - - David Dinkins

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference.
    - - Jack Kerouac

I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.
    - - Katherine Hepburn

There's nothing better than good sex. But bad sex? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is better than bad sex.
    - - -Billy Joel

Sex is good, but not as good as fresh sweet corn.
    - - -Garrison Keillor

Sex appeal is 50 per cent what you've got and 50 per cent what people think you've got.
    - - Sophia Loren

Everyone probably thinks that I'm a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I'd rather read a book.
    - - -Madonna (1991)

There is nothing safe about sex. There never will be.
    - - -Norman Mailer (1992)

Cocaine habit forming? Of course not, I ought to know. I've been using it for years.
    - - Tallulah Bankhead

I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months.
    - - W. C Fields

When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, I didn't like it, I didn't inhale it, and never tried it again.
    - - William Jefferson Clinton

The only thing I thought might ever kill me off was clean living. I thought, "How am I going to listen to that horrible noise I make without a gram of coke and a couple of double Jack Daniels?"
    - - Iggy Pop

You know, it's cigarettes that killed (Jerry) Garcia. Everyone thinks it's heroin, but it wasn't. It was cigarettes.
    - - John Mellencamp, 1996

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
    - - W. C. Fields

I like dogs better [than people]. They give you unconditional love. They either lick your face or bite you, but you always know where they're coming from. With people, you never know which ones will bite. The difference between dogs and men is that you know where dogs sleep at night.
    - - Greg Louganis

I love people. And when you love people that much that you're disappointed in them every day, that love can turn to hate in a flash of a second.
    --Johny Depp

I love the way men smell. I love the way they taste, their texture, the way they're built.
    - - Marilu Henner

I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind.
    - - -Andrea Newman

I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.
    - - Zsa Zsa Gabor

I like two kinds of men: domestic and imported.
    - - Mae West

I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
    - - Zsa Zsa Gabor

It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life.
    --Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stone, December 2, 1976.

Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head.
    - - Carole Burnett

With all due respect to the world's great drummers - it ain't brain surgery.
    - - Mickey Dolenz, 1996

Our bodies are just temporary vessels for our souls, which will go on forever. You really are an extension of the power that created the whole universe, no matter what drags you have on.
    - - Ru Paul

If I hadn't been a woman, I'd have been a drag queen.
    - - Dolly Parton

How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?
    - - -Zsa Zsa Gabor

I should think that being my old lady would be all the satisfaction or career any woman needs.
    - - Mick Jagger

Oct 28, 2009, 02:13 AM

And now, for my favorite: Albert Einstein...

I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.
    Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
    Albert Einstein

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
    Albert Einstein

The only real valuable thing is intuition.
    Albert Einstein

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.
    Albert Einstein

When the solution is simple, God is answering.
    Albert Einstein

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
    Albert Einstein

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
    Albert Einstein

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
    Albert Einstein

Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.
    Albert Einstein

You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I've only ever had one.
    Albert Einstein

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
    Albert Einstein

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat. -- when asked to describe radio
    --Albert Einstein

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality. --- "Geometry and Experience", January 27, 1921
    --Albert Einstein

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Observer , Jan. 15, 1950
    --Albert Einstein

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
    Albert Einstein

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?
    Albert Einstein

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
    Albert Einstein

All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.
    Albert Einstein

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
    Albert Einstein

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
    Albert Einstein

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Force always attracts men of low morality.
    Albert Einstein

God always takes the simplest way.
    Albert Einstein

God may be subtle, but he isn't plain mean.
    Albert Einstein

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

I shall never believe that God plays dice with the world.
    Albert Einstein

In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself.
    Albert Einstein

Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.
    Albert Einstein

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
    Albert Einstein

Isn't it strange that I who have written only unpopular books should be such a popular fellow?
    Albert Einstein

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed.
    Albert Einstein

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
    Albert Einstein

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
    Albert Einstein

Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be.
    Albert Einstein

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein

Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.
    Albert Einstein

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    Albert Einstein

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    Albert Einstein

Love is a better teacher than duty.
    Albert Einstein

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.
    Albert Einstein

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
    Albert Einstein

He who cherishes the values of culture cannot fail to be a pacifist.
    Albert Einstein

The conscientious objector is a revolutionary. On deciding to disobey the law he sacrifices his personal interests to the most important cause of working for the betterment of society.
    Albert Einstein

My pacificism is an instinctive feeling, a feeling that possesses me because the murder of people is disgusting. My attitude is not derived from any intellectual theory but is based on my deepest antipathy to every kind of cruelty and hatred.
    Albert Einstein

There are two ways of resisting war: the legal way and the revolutionary way. The legal way involves the offer of alternative service not as a privilege for a few but as a right for all. The revolutionary view involves an uncompromising resistance, with a view to breaking the power of militarism in time of peace or the resources of the state in time of war.
    Albert Einstein

It is characteristic of the military mentality that nonhuman factors (atom bombs, strategic bases, weapons of all sorts, the possession of raw materials, etc) are held essential, while the human being, his desires, and thoughts - in short, the psychological factors - are considered as unimportant and secondary... The individual is degraded... to "human materiel."
    Albert Einstein

To my mind, to kill in war is not a whit better than to commit ordinary murder.
    Albert Einstein

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.
    Albert Einstein
    Nationalism, on my opinion, is nothing more than an idealistic rationalization for militarism and aggression.
    Albert Einstein

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
    Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
    Albert Einstein

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism...."
    Albert Einstein
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:49 AM
    By-the-way, jrebel7, I love your new avatar!!
    Thank you! I haven't been receiving notifications so didn't see your comment until now. I appreciate your kind words. Thanks again! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search