Jan 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
    "nothing evols unless it is involved."
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
    "I would rather feel pain, than nothing at all"
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.
    ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.
    ~Stephen Bishop

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure. ~Clarence Darrow

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

A paper should be like a mini skirt: long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep it interesting.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

I'm not sure what's wrong... But it's probably your fault!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

People are seldom too busy to stop and tell you how busy they are.

Sex is like air; it's not important unless you aren't getting any.

Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.

Intelligent doesn't have to mean educated. And Creative doesn't have to mean talented.
    -

Jan 19, 2008, 04:56 PM
    In America, only the successful writer is important, in France all writers are important, in England no writer is important, and in Australia you have to explain what a writer is.
    - - - Geoffrey Cottrell

Americans always try to do the right thing -- after they've tried everything else.
    - - - Winston Churchill

Behind every great man, there is a surprised woman.
    - - - Maryon Pearson

I CAN'T BELIEVE OUT OF TEN THOUSAND SPERM, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MADE IT
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 19, 2008, 05:17 PM
    "custard is not just a dessert, its a way of life"
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 19, 2008, 05:26 PM
    "Don't ever frown, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile."
    -

Jan 19, 2008, 05:53 PM
    "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight and a half years ago. Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant."
    - Jane Austen, Persuasion
    pyg Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Ah, new question: what does it take for you/me to feel "at home"?
    Home, I think, is where you know you can break down and cry, and know that a warm bosom and a cup of hot chocoate will be there for you, no questions asked.

Loved the poem, excon.
    -

Jan 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Let women be provided with living strength of their own. Let them have the means to attack the world and wrest from it their own subsistence, and their dependence will be abolished -- that of man also

On the day when it will be possible for woman to love not in her weakness but in strength, not to escape herself but to find herself, not to abase herself but to assert herself -- on that day love will become for her, as for man, a source of life.

Men act and women appear. Men look at women. Women watch themselves being looked at.

A man can go from being a lover to being a stranger in three moves flat but a woman under the guise of friendship will engage in acts of duplicity which come to light very much later. There are different species of self-justification.

Men insist that they don’t mind women succeeding so long as they retain their “femininity”. Yet the qualities that men consider “feminine” timidity, submissiveness, obedience, silliness, and self-debasement—are the very qualities best guaranteed to assure the defeat of even the most gifted aspirant.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them, or turn them into literature.

Jan 20, 2008, 06:07 PM
    " a woman is like a teabag, you dont know how strong she is untill she is in hot water"
    -

Jan 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Well, it's not literature... but one of my favorite songs is "Closer to Fine" by Indigo Girls.

"There's more than one answer to these questions
    Pointing me in a crooked line
    And the less I seek my source for some definitive
    The closer I am to fine"
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:34 AM
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in Ourselves..."

~Julius Ceasar~ I, ii, 140

"Love is blind, and lovers cannot see
    The pretty follies that themselves commit."

~Jessica~The Merchant of Venice

"The Roomba. Vacuum and entertainment, in one nifty package!" :D

Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with. ~Drew Sirtors

He was my cream, and I was his coffee -
    And when you poured us together, it was something.
    ~Josephine Baker (What you think about that one, K?? )

Jan 21, 2008, 08:39 AM
    "love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind"
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 09:27 AM
    No wonder why love is blind!
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
    The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.

Change is the nursery of music, joy, life and eternity.

The beauty of the human mind is that any decision that is made can be unmade.

A fresh mind keeps the body fresh. Take in the ideas of the day, drain off those of yesterday. As to the morrow, time enough to consider it when it becomes today.
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Man is always torn between the wish to regress to the womb and the wish to be fully born. Every act of birth requires the courage to let go of something, to let go of the breast, to let go of the lap, to let go of the hand, to let go eventually of all certainties, and to rely only upon one thing: one's own power to be aware and to respond; that is, one's own creativity.

To be creative means to consider the whole process of life as a process of birth, and not to take any stage of life as a final stage. Most people die before they are fully born. Creativeness means to be born before one dies.
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 11:51 AM
    STORY OF THE LITTLE GRAPE STEM

Once upon a time there was a little grape stem. This stem was so glad to be alive... She drank water and minerals from the soil and grew and grew. She was young and strong and could manage quite well... All by Herself.

But then, the wind was cruel, the rain was harsh, the snow was not one bit understanding, and the little grape stem suffered. She drooped, weak and suffering. It would be so easy to stop trying to grow, to stop trying to live. And the grape stem felt poor! The winter was long, and the stem was weary.

But then the little grape stem heard a voice. It was another grape stem calling out to her "Here, reach out...hang on to me. But the stem hesitated. "What would this mean?" she thought, for you see, the little
    stem had always managed quite well...All by herself.

But then, ever so cautiously, she reached out towards the other grape stem. "See, I can help you," it said. "Just wind your tendrils about me and I will help you lift your head." And the little stem trusted....and suddenly she could stand straight again.

The wind came...and the rain...and the snow, But when it came, the little grape stem was clinging to many other stems. And although the stems were swayed by the wind...and frozen by the snow, They stood strongly united to each other. And in their united strength...they could smile and grow.

And then, one day the little stem looked down and saw a tiny stem, swaying and frightened. And our little grape stem said, "Here, hang on... I will help you." And the other stem reached up to our grape stem... And together all the stems grew... Leaves budded... flowers bloomed... And finally, grapes formed And the grapes fed many.

— Author Unknown
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 12:48 PM
    There but for the grace of God go I.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
    "Angels and minsters of grace defend us!"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search