Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2006, 09:45 PM
    Printer problem...
    I'm using Epson Stylus C65 it works cause I already used it but when I remove the USB cause I have to insert my scanner, then inserted back the printer and use it "the printer is not ready to print" I wait cause I thought its just a matter of time, I pull it then put it back several times but no use... :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avel
    I'm using Epson Stylus C65 it works cause i already used it but when i remove the USB cause i have to insert my scanner, then inserted back the printer and use it "the printer is not ready to print" i wait cause i thought its just a matter of time, i pull it then put it back several times but no use... :confused:
    Get a USB hub and plug both devices in so you don't have to keep switching.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Usb
    Hi,
    As another said, you need a USB hub. There are many online you can order, for around $20. I have one that is "self-powered". It plugs into an electrical wall outlet (actually into my Surge Protector), and then plugs into the back of my computer into one of the USB slots. It has 4 slots itself, into which you can then plug in your printer, and scanner at the same time.
    As you know, there can be problems when pulling out and plugging in different USB devices.
    If you don't want to get a Hub, then you might try shutting down your computer. Then unplug the scanner, and plug in the printer.
    Then, start up your computer, see if it prints now.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Jan 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
    Gee thanks for the tips... now the problem is solved... the printer is now working... well I'll tell my boss to by that USB Hub... thanks... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My PC recently went very badly wrong and I was forced to use a recovery disc to start all over again. Most things are working properly except for the printer. I am using Windows XP Home and the printer is a Sharp AJ-2200 using Port LPT 1. It was necessary to reinstall the printer but now it...

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

Printer Problem [ 5 Answers ]

When I print something all this extra paper keeps printing out and will not stop... can you tell me if it is a printer setting issue or give me a clue on how to resolve the issue. Thank you:)

Printer Problem - Power Outage [ 2 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, The company I work for recently had a power outage and one of our printers has a message on it. The message reads: Load file and execute. The printer is stuck here. I turn it on and off several times, replaced the jetdirect card and changed the memory. None of which helped. Has...

Network printer share problem [ 1 Answers ]

This is my problem. Have a win NT 4.0 network. Working on migrating windows 2003 server network. Have upgraded 2 computer workstations from win 98 to XP pro. Everything went fine. One machine that was upgraded to XP uses a dos based program installed on the NT server which is shared. It is ACCPAC...

View more questions Search