Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
    First of all, you have to figure out what you did wrong in immigration process that they denied your case.
    1. Did you overstay on visa waiver program?
    2. Did you overstay tourist visa?
    3. Any criminal backgrounds?
    4. Insufficient income on the sponsor's part... if it is in this case, you can have joint sponsor.

If you have 1-3, then you should consider having immigration attorney to handle your case. Normally it is much easier for US citizen to obtain British citizen, especially on family based. You don't even have to take the "Life in UK Test".

Get this done first, renunciation of US citizenship is not the key to your answer.
    tim and suzanne Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
    1. I have no clue what a visa waiver program is
    2. After I had my tourist visa I got a 2 year spousal visa
    3. Common Assault about 2 years ago

I'll summarise again in case you missed it.

Got married in September 2004
    A few weeks later we came to England on a 6 month tourist visa
    Near the end of the 6 months I flew from the UK to NY and got a 2 year spousal visa
    At the end of my spousal visa I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain(Residency)
    Home Office received the application 5 days after my visa expired
    The visa was refused and I was given a removal order and removed from the UK(Not deportation order)
    tim and suzanne Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Oh, BTW, and an immigration attorney is the reason all of this is happened. He screwed up when he filed an appeal and could have stopped the removal with a hundred different ways, but didn't.

The process to become UK citizen would be this
    2 year spousal visa
    5 year residency
    Then citizenship

My point is what do I do IF I don't get granted another spousal visa.
    Cherylsaynhi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tim and suzanne View Post
    The process to become UK citizen would be this
    2 year spousal visa
    5 year residency
    Then citizenship

My point is what do I do IF I don't get granted another spousal visa.

SPOUSAL VISA? *shock* *gasp* What do I do if all I want to do is LIVE in the UK and have dual citizenship? I don't want to marry someone for the wrong reasons... Geez! All I want is to have proper healthcare and a higher education (PhD) without it dragging me to the poor house. Why aren't these things free in America?

I want that two or three week paid vacation where I can actually feel recouperated, rather than feeling like I need a vacation from my vacation. In America, we only get one week paid vacation, and that's not enough time to feel destressed. Just as you're starting to destress, it's time to go back to work again! No wonder heart disease is the #1 killer in this country! We work ourselves to death just to BARELY make ends meet, and at the end of the day, what do we have to show for all that hard work? We're all one paycheck from being homeless. We can't spend quality time with our family and friends because we're either stuck at work, or exhausted when we get home. Great nation my .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Citizenship for America and France [ 4 Answers ]

I am interested in obtaining a dual citizenship. I was born in france to a french mother. She has since become an American citizen but also has dual citizenship. I am interested in obtaining dual citizenship status also. Could you please tell me what documents that are required to do so, and...

Dual citizenship us/europe / voting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a dual citizen by birth. I was born in america when american citzenship came by default by having been born there and both of my parents are english citzens. I grew up in america but moved to london when I was seventeen and have been working here now for 8years. As the american...

Used for citizenship [ 4 Answers ]

I dated this guy for a 3 years, when we first met he was here legally then after 9/11 something wasn't right and he needed to get married for citizenship. We prev. talked about getting married and I just thought we were getting married sooner rather than later, and it would have broke my heart if...

Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is deaf person and I help him to fill out some paper. He wants to apply for USA Passport. He is citizen of USA, but he lost his citizenship certificate. How he can get duplicate of citizenship certificate?

Citizenship.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering what it takes to get a citizenship to greece. If you help me out that'd be great. Thanks. :)

View more questions Search