Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Jan 11, 2008, 01:26 AM
    14 & puffy eyes.
    I am 14 & I have puffy eyes! They look so ugly. Is it normal? I have it since I was born but it wasn't that visible. No, it's not genetic since my parents & siblings don't have them. I become more visible as I grow up. Many people say if I'm a bookworm & NO I'm not a bookworm (no offense to all bookworms out there there's nothing wrong with being a bookworm). Others say I don't get enough sleep. I sleep 6 hours a day like all my friends (yet they don't have puffy eyes) & on weekends, I sleep 8 hours. I tried the tea bag remedy & it DIDN'T work at all! What should I do? :( :(
    PLEASE HELP!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:49 AM
    If you can sleep longer, it may help. The average human needs 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Dehydration can cause the skin around your eyes to be more pronounced. Drink water, flavor it if you have to but drink a lot.

Jan 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    If you can sleep longer, it may help. The average human needs 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Dehydration can cause the skin around your eyes to be more pronounced. Drink water, flavor it if you have to but drink a lot.
    I drink a lot daily. I drink 8 glasses of water a day but that didn't either. I just don't know why I got it since I was a baby. :confused: I have a twin actually and we both have puffy eyes! They became more visible when I was 5! This is really weird! I thought only old people get puffy eyes.. :( Puffy eyes make me look tired & have no energy! They make my skin look saggy!
    Do you think eye cream will help?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Eye cream may make it better. You're probably allergic to something that you're eating or breathing. Try sleeping more, that's when the body heals itself. Eliminate all milk products from your diet for a week and see if your eyes get better. You might have to read labels on boxes and read a bit about it. If the elimination of milk has no effect, then try no wheat. That one is harder.

Old people do seem to have puffier eyes than young people. Partly because their skin has less water in it and it begins to sag. I've seen people with dark circles or swollen areas around their eyes when I worked in a health food store. They said that they were "detoxing." They were cleaning the old poisonous toxins out of their bowels. Learn about it. The more you know, the easier life is.

Jan 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Eye cream may make it better. You're probably allergic to something that you're eating or breathing. Try sleeping more, that's when the body heals itself. Eliminate all milk products from your diet for a week and see if your eyes get better. You might have to read labels on boxes and read a bit about it. If the elimination of milk has no effect, then try no wheat. That one is harder.

Old people do seem to have puffier eyes than young people. Partly because their skin has less water in it and it begins to sag. I've seen people with dark circles or swollen areas around their eyes when I worked in a health food store. They said that they were "detoxing." They were cleaning the old poisonous toxins out of their bowels. Learn about it. The more you know, the easier life is.
    I don't think I'm allergic to anything. Also, I actually don't drink milk or anything that contains milk mostly because I don't like milk. :( I'll try to post pics of my eyes. Of course not the whole face.
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
    6 hours of sleep is not normal for a growing 14 year old, you need at least 8-9 hrs.
    miley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2010, 12:27 PM

Try taking allergy medicine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi.I have puffy eyes [ 2 Answers ]

I have puffy eyes from birth.. please suggest me how to get rid of them... I heard about blepharoplasty but is that really helpful and is there any way other than surgery to get rid of these bulging eyes.. please help me:(

Puffy eyes! [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! Can someone please shed some light... I wake up occasionally with one puffy eye, right eye only. Does anyone experience this? I've read a lot of literature on the internet, but most info geared toward both eyes being puffy. It's never the left, and happens once or twice every...

View more questions Search