Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandylane18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 06:02 PM
    New name for my daughter
    I don't know the father of my child and am now married to my husband how can I change my child's name from my last name to the name of my husband does he need to adpot her or can I just do a name change
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Yes he needs to go through an adoption. Get an attorney to file a petition for adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter [ 3 Answers ]

It has been over 10 years that my daughter has not spoke to me, or let me know where she was with 2 of my grandchildren. Then out of the blue she calls me, not to see how I am but to see if I can tell her how her son is doing that lives in this town that she has not had anything to do with in the...

They WON'T let me see my daughter! [ 5 Answers ]

End of May 2005 I lost my house due to financial reasons. I stayed until the very last day and that is when law enforcement came to the door and "evicted" us. I had previously been searching for another place to live but had no luck in that. Sadly, my three children were there to witness the...

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

My daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my daughter her father is not around at all

Never Get to See My Daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. Here is his situation: He has a 3 yr. old daughter with his ex-girlfriend. At the time, they both lived in FL. She has now moved to MA with the daughter. My boyfriend sends money each month - there has never been any court ordered custody or...

View more questions Search