Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jan 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Bank Marketing Ideas
    What marketing schemes (for lack of a better term) or incentives could a bank use to draw you in to consider them out and/or open accounts with them?

I'm looking for anything from bluetooth headsets, piggy banks, service ideas, etc etc.

Thank you!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Honesty, integrity and most of all transparency!
    Qualities sadly missing in today's retail banking.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jan 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Well, this bank is pretty good about that. Its written on the wall for goodness sake! But they're trying to figure out how to bring more customers in... they were talking blue tooth headsets if you sign up for x number of things...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Forget the gimmicks and go for good old fashioned customer service.
    themarketingspot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Rockstar, I understand what Curlyben is saying but I also understand what you want. To select the appropriate premium item you have to look at bank's desired demographic. Generally the younger the demographic the more tech friendly your premium needs to be. The older the demographic, the more entertainment-oriented your premium should be.

For example, younger demographic = iPod Touch. Older demographic = gift card to great restaurant, free cruise, etc.

If you want some ideas, go to Amazon and check for the top selling items in a particular category.

Good luck,
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Hello rock:

How about offering a toaster?

excon
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Who's got the money to invest? Offer a choice of incentives... even including higher interest rates, less fees for overdraft, more help in financial matters (budgeting), providing courses to help people become financially better... then follow through making products and services affordable and available for all.

Provide a good service that people need, and be viewed as committed to helping! Most banks I've dealt with have one goal of increased profits...
    macwriter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Right now it's all about trust.

Bank consumers need to see some transparency, information and a sense of community.

Banks can achieve this through listening, engaging and connecting.

All of which builds trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Victim of Bank Fraud victimized by Bank [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona. I received a summons & complaint from Hilco re a Wells FargoBank (WFB)debt. 2 weeks ago. March 27 2007 I am a victim of felony crimes that began when WFB designed and printed 'convenience checks' accessing my accounts, unbeknownst to me, and negotiated access to my accounts with...

Need approx 97,000 to payoff bank note @ 145,00 bank will forgive the rest, any ideas [ 4 Answers ]

Who do we turn to? Anyone willing to invest in us?? Grants or loans we don't know??

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

View more questions Search