Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michy03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Cut palm of hand 12 stitches
    About a week ago I cut the palm of hand on glass one cut in cress above thumb second on left side of palm I have 6 stitches in each but the tips of my fingers are purple and numb also my intire thumb is purple and its not bruising hand very swollen from knucks to wrist stitches come out tomorrow is it normal for all this swelling and discolouration
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
    That doesn't sound good. You could have an infection. Go see a doctor NOW!!! Better still get to the A&E.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
    No, that does not sound good at all. You need to go to the Emergency Room now. These symptoms, just from reading online, mean that there is a lack of blood flow to those areas.
    michy03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    No, that does not sound good at all. You need to go to the Emergency Room now. These symptoms, just from reading online, mean that there is a lack of blood flow to those areas.

Thanks for your input I went to emerg sure enough it was infected colour in thumb is still purple doesn't seem to to want to return to normal once again thank you
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
    So glad you took our advice. Keep a check on it though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bulging vein and pain in palm of hand [ 4 Answers ]

I recently had a sharp pain in the palm of my hand. When I looked down I could see a big vein bulging and it looked like it was moving. It was an intense pain and lasted for maybe a minute. I thought it could be a cramp? But now where the pain was it is swollen and bruised and sore to the...

Sago palm [ 2 Answers ]

My sago palm is turning yellow own spine of leaves. It is in a large pot and gets water once a week. What can I do to correct this? The leaves of my sago palm are turning yellow down the spine. It is in a large pot and gets water once a week. How can I correct this?

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Wisdom teeth removal and stitches [ 5 Answers ]

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed on the 13th of this month and they put a stitch in each socket now the lower stitch has gone but the top one is still flapping about up there. My question is how much longer will it still be there its soluble and I'm still swilling with salt water but its...

Stabbing pain in palm of hand [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently been getting annoying twitches in my elbow accompanied with a sharp stabbing pain in the palm of my hand, weakened grip, and a general dull pain in my knuckles (on both hands). Any ideas for causes? I am overweight by 30 lbs. but am very healthy in every other way.

View more questions Search