Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlbiscuit Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Does usury apply to bank fees
    My daughter bounced a $17 check and moved out of state and didn't realize it. Now she is back home and wanted to open an account at her old bank but they said she owes $800 in fees. Is this legal? They aren't willing to negotiate. Is there any other way to remedy this?:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
    I would have to ask how it got to that point. How long has it been.
    He would have gotten notice of the bounced check, a bank statement every monty showing it over drawn??
    mlbiscuit Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2008, 05:12 PM
    She was 18 and moved out on her own to another state. Her father promised to forward her mail but never did before he died. It has been over a year since she apparently bounced the $17 check. Isn't there a cap to their charges?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 06:16 PM
    My post did not come across exactly right, But basically no that is why you need to shop around for the right bank, There are some that charge a daily fee for every day you are over the limit, there are others that do not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USMLE fees, h1b attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a H1b visa in the US... my wife is a physician who is writing USMLE exams to get a residency in US... I was wondering if I can deduct all the usmle exam fees + costs of applying to residency programs (close to $5000) as expenses on my taxes? I also paid for the attorney fees to get my...

Unearned Fees to Earned Fees AJE [ 2 Answers ]

Unearned fees previously recorded of 1200. As of 12/31 fees have been earned--what is aje?

College application fees and testing fees as tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Are the fees we are paying for our son to apply to various colleges tax deductable? Also, what about the money paid to take ACT ; SAT and AP tests? And, th emoney spent requesting these scores be sent to the universities being applied to?

Bounced Check & Bank Fees [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I gave some money to my friend few months ago. He gave me a check for the amount month back and before depositing it to my account I asked him if he had sufficient funds in his account and he said yes. After a week of depositing the check my bank send me a letter that the check was returned...

View more questions Search