Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alvarez30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Father with no SS# How can I collect Child support?
    Can I still collect child support if the father has no SS#?:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Social security numbers have nothing to do with a person's ability to pay child support. Does the father have some kind of income or visible means of support available?
    Alvarez30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Yes He does... but How do I proof that he is making the money? What if he moves out of the state how do I keep track of him? What if he gets very little money how does the payments work?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 02:06 PM
    He can't have a job without a social security card. Sorry, yes he can have a job without a social security card but he's going to be paid in cash under the table. The fact he earns money is the key here. You need to give me more info on the situation here before I can answer much else for you. Also if he moves out of the state your local child support enforcement agency will be more than happy to help you to keep getting your monthly checks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 02:36 PM
    If the father an illegal alien? As noted, he can not work legally in the US without a social security card. It will be harder to track him, and since he can not be working without one, collecting support will be veryhard.
    hunnybun76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Well I've just found out my ex has not got to pay a peeny even though he works full time apparatly it means if he pays any child support he won't have enough to live on ,the whole system is a joke unless your ex is earning roughly around £450 a week you isn't got a chance he has not paid a penny to my child up bringin and is now 13 years old doubt he will ever have to pay even a teener a week and he has been working around 10 years now to my knowledge ,you will most likely have to prove he has been working and if they can't trace him working you don't stand much of a chance to be honest,people always bang on about how the system is unfair for fathers but how can it be because any one who earns roughly £300 a week would not have to pay any way
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 5, 2011, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnybun76 View Post
    ... the whole system is a joke unless your ex is earning roughly around £450
    any one who earns roughly £300 a week would not have to pay any way
    Where? The UK?

Are you sure? That is surprising. In the US, a non-custodial parent has to pay some minimum amount of CS, even if he is not making anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father paying child support [ 3 Answers ]

Can a father that gets ssi still have to pay child support. He can work but he don't want to. I have 4 kids and he don't pay.

Father on SSI so no child support? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My children's father is on SSI and does not pay his court ordered child support. I also know that he has been working under the table for some time now (and is earning more than me) and still will not pay his child support. He is 15 months behind on payments. I had a child support case...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can I go after my father for back child support? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 22 and my father never paid a dime in child support, since I was 2. Can I go after him or does my mom have to? This is for the state of VA. I have his current address, I tracked him down.

Father not paying child support [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a three yr old boy. His father and I have been separated since my son was 4 months old. I put him on child support and my case was approved since Nov. 2005, but I have not seen anything financially. I called the child support people and they said that it seems like he has made no...

View more questions Search