Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mraquino21 Posts: 81, Reputation: 7

Jan 10, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody
    I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved somewhere else in Germany. I am remarried and my husband wants to adopt my daughter. She started calling him daddy on her own. She doesn't even rember her biological father. Is there some way I can get legally my husband to adopt her in Alabama. How could I go about it. He wants to adopt her and she wants him to. Please advise
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Jan 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Well a 6 yr old really doesn't have the capacity to make choices like that. I mean does a 6 yr old really know the full details of her being adopted by some other man? I don't think so. Even adults have a problem with custody issues. The choice is obviously biased. If he gives you all permission to adopt and signs over his rights then yes you can. But as long as he is paying his child support and wants to keep his rights there is nothing you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a single mother need to file for full custody [ 12 Answers ]

Im a single mothe with 1 baby who is currently 1 yr and 7 months in california san diego , i currently receive child support started this month and the father of the child is currently in louisiana and want to have my daughter for a month i don't mind him wanting to spend time with her but...

Single mother filing for full custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My name is Jen, My daughter was born may2nd and her father signed paternity papers so that she would have his last name. Stupid of me I know. I want to file for full custody but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Once he is served court papers I'm afraid he will try and take her. What do I do?

Full Custody To Mother [ 4 Answers ]

What rights do I have as a full parent to my son? If the father of my son wants to take him to another state to spend time with him what do I do to prevent that from happening because I want to have monitored visits and since we live in different states, how do I prevent my sons father from taking...

My step sons mother wants to relinquish her rights so I can adopt him [ 4 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I have kind of a different spin on it. My husband has full custody of his son(my step son) His ex wants to sign over her rights so I can adopt him. My question is this, who is responsible for hiring the attorney to do this and also is this going to be...

New husband wants to adopt my single-parent adopted child. [ 2 Answers ]

I adopted a baby 4 years ago as a single-parent adoption. There is no father on the birth certificate, just me as the birth mother. How can he adopt my son and have his name added to the birth certificate? Thank you!

View more questions Search