Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Q1212 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Jan 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Ab workout.
    I go to the gym everyday and I'm trying to get a six pack or at least a little more cut. Im 5'9" and weight 152. I was wondering are there any other workouts I can do to get the six pack or become more cut? I don't eat much and if I do I run a half a mile before I work out anyway so I can get my blod flowin. So does anyone know any workouts? I got good abs. flat stomach and I'm cut on side but its just straight stomach I want it to be able to see the abs you know? Haha anyway HELP! Lol
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 01:48 PM
    I think one of the best compound exercises for abs is the bicycle exercise, lie on back, pulling opposite knees to elbow in a alternating fashion while pumping legs. (like riding a bike).
    Full range exercises will make you ab muscles work better. To affect both areas of muscles you need to use compound movements like the incline knee up, or decline leg raise or the hip curl. Round lower back to get full control of the abs while doing the incline leg raise or knee up to round and curl your hips toward your torso at the top of movement,

Also a really good crunch exercise is this one; lie on a couch that allows your upper back to hang off freely, place your calves on the top of the couch, knees bent, place your hands behind your head. Raise your head and shoulder toward knees, keep back rounded, and make sure your move is at least a 3-4 inch raise, Raise pelvis and round your back as you curl your torso up toward your knees, hold this position for at least 4 -5seconds, and go for 15-25 reps, work up to 30, and do 2 sets.
    Or;
    Lie on your back on the floor and place your hands behind your head, raise your head a few inches, bend your knees and place the soles of your feet flat on the floor, raise your left knee off the floor and twist trying to touch it with your right elbow, all the time flexing your abs, repeat to the other side of body, work up to 30 reps, 15 each side, and do 2 sets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What workout? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the middle of an inactive winter compared to my active summers and have put on a winter coat of fat! I'm joining a gym tomorrow and want to know what equipment/workout plan I should be using to burn as much fat as possible. I don't want to be chunky but am also very impatient and like to...

Workout Music [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good workout music? Something for lifting weights. I usually listen to DMX, but it would be nice to have some more. Thanks.

Right workout [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a workout that reduces love handles? If so can you please share the secret!

Workout Schedule [ 0 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I have been out of the loop for a long time and was wondering if anyone has an idea about workout schedules. I am wanting to work out 3 days a week or so to loose some weight. I also intend to do cardio before working out. Does anyone recommend some type of schedule like...

AB Workout [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good ab workout video? I just had a baby...

View more questions Search