Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacheraid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
    What happens after a foreclosure
    Hi my house is in foreclosure. My husband is ignoring the fact. He does not talk to the bank or anyone when they call. I am on medical leave from my job. I know we have a little equity. But as time goes on we won't have any. Plus the house needs a lot of work. I am an imotional wreck. Has anyone gone through this.. What happens at the end. Were do people go after a situation like this. What do they do.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Foreclosure is done differently in different states. The property will be advertised for sale usually four consecutive weeks in the legal organ of the county. The sale is usually an auction. I believe your equity will be lost unless the winning bid is greater that the debt, plus costs and expenses. If the winning bid is lower that the debt, the creditor can possibly pursue you for the deficiency. After the sale, you will be a tenant; in most states, you are afforded notice to vacate; and if you remain, you will be evicted. You can stop the foreclosure by bringing your payments current, or filing a bankruptcy petition.
    grammapat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 08:56 AM

Happened to me (not my fault!). This was before this terrible housing situation, where people not only loose their house but (because it can't be sold for as much money as the owners OWE on it) the evicted owners still owe money to the mortgage company! People are just "walking away" from their house - owing money, wrecking their credit. This is so common now that some banks (like BofA) are creating new loans for these people so they DON'T have to have this happen. Back to me: when I could no get re-financed and was told I would be forclosed, I left the condo. Mistake! It took them over a YEAR to forclose, I could have lived there - making no payments - for all that time; it would not have made my credit any worse, or done anything else;they could not have actually evicted me until they had completed the foreclosure!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

Colorado I was told by a financial adviser that they could not take your home The elderly people have owned their home for 55 years it is paid and now rental property that he is on the mortgage is in trouble do to may factors. I was told on this site they could put a lien on the house I have...

Foreclosure Options [ 3 Answers ]

:( My family home has gone to sherrifs sale. We now have 6 months to redeem the loan. What are our options and what help is out there to save our home?

Foreclosure [ 10 Answers ]

Hi: I have an apartment in Miami and I can not make payments anymore, I refinanced it sometime ago to afford making the payments but I run out of money and I have no job or income of any kind. If the bank foreclosure the apartment are they going after me for money if they sell the apartment for...

Bankruptcy and foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

After you file a chpater 7 bk to stop a sale date on a foreclosure how long do you have before you need to move out of property if you don't reistate your loan:(

Home in foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a landlord in Michigan and you evicted the renters for non payment of rent, and your home is in the beginning of foreclosure how long does your tenant legally have before they have to move out of the home.

View more questions Search