Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philfrankland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 09:08 AM
    External hard drive access problems
    Hi hope someone can help,

I have been using a Maxtor external USB hard drive but I now find when I connect it the PC gives me a USB peripheral error. Any ideas?

Phil Frankland
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Does it come up with this hardware didn't not install correctly or something like that? Mine does that a lot. Maybe funny usb drivers?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Two things come to mind USB port and drivers for external drive

Try plugging into a different USB port see if this corrects problem

Step two -- Uninstall drivers and reboot -- install new drivers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I am running a HP A1657C PC,I would like to purchase a external hard drive about 160 gig can you advice which one would be right for me. I want to back up c drive and at present only using about 30 gig but want room to expand. Thanks for reading this and any info you can offer Alan

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

External Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

What up, I just purchased a new PC and I would like to know if I upload all my music and pictures on the PC, will I be able to transfer all info to an external hard drive if I purchase one months down the road? Appreciate the help and Happy Holidays to all!

Couldn't access external Hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I have an external hard drive that for some reason stop working I couldn't access my files,when I check the properties it say 0 used space and 0 free space now whenever I try to open the drive it say FORMAT disk. I this there any other way to access may hard drive or any other way to...

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Freecom External Classic Hard Drive, 153 GB Available. Attempted to “Microsoft Backup” my Laptop (approx 40GB of data) to External Hard Drive. After about 10 minutes of operating I got the following Message – “You have either run out space or the backup file (.BKF) is too large for...

View more questions Search