Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Jan 10, 2008, 08:51 AM
    So scared and need reassurance
    Okay a friend of my family, Billy, has been living with us for a while since his girlfriend of 5 years (an ex friend of my moms) kicked him out of her house. He's been with us so long that he has become more then a friend to me and also like an uncle to me.

One reason Stacy kicked him out was cause of his occasional drinking (which he has now stopped) and cause he said he was having back problems and she didn't believe him and thought he was making up excuses not to work. Turns out though he did have a serious issue with his back, spinal fluid was building up and a plate in his spin at the top right below his neck was out of place. He found out about the problem months ago but couldn't get into the doctor. His condition has gotten so bad that he could barely walk, he couldn't play with the daycare kids, he could barely get in the shower. Well a couple of days ago he FINALLY got a place at the hospital. They took a look at his back and because it has taken so long to get him in... every plate of his spin is now out of place, pertruding foreword backward, all over the place! The doctor said he was surprised Billy was even walking, he was surprised he wasn't paralyzed. Well today is the day of the surgery and they have to try and realine practically all the plates of his spin.

He could become paralyzed (which is like death to a active guy like billy) or he could die. Billy has been around practically my whole life and is like family to me, he has become even more like a family member since he moved in. I'm so scared right now I feel like crying! I don't want him to die!

Could some who knows about this stuff please PLEASE tell what the chances are of him making it? Everyone is telling me he will but it just isn't enough to keep me from worrying.

Jan 10, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Someone please answer

Jan 10, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Can someone please answer
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I'll answer, hun, but I don't have an "answer" for you. His family has been given the advice from his doctor, that is the best person to get the advice from. Since we don't even know what particular procedure he is undergoing, along with a whole bucketload of other information, it is impossible for us to tell you.

I can tell you that death is not that common with surgeries, especially if he is otherwise healthy, but again, without knowing the particular disease and the specific surgery being performed, all I can do is keep you all in my thoughts through this stressful time.

Jan 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Well thank you for that J_9, anything helps right now. I would tell you more but Stacy let him move back in with her so we don't even know what hospital he is in. All we know is that the surgery is today and that he could die or be paralyzed and that's only cause my step dad talked to stacy and billy... but now my step dad has disappeared so we have no neutral person to talk to stacy (me and my mom got in it with her the day billy left which would be I think Sunday.)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Anyone who has back surgery runs the risks of having the surgery actually do more damage to their back as you have all these delicate nerves surrounding the discs. If he was leaking spinal fluid and somehow the discs themselves became misaligned, he must have been in horrible pain to say the least and he didn't say anything. Do you know anything about Reiki? I am a Reiki master and have healed people in person and long distance. What Billy needs now after his surgery is energy and lots of it flowing his way so his body can heal. The energy generated by a Reiki master is awesome, believe me.

Jan 11, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Thank you for the support Billy made it out of surgery and because he was on pain pills could move enough to call me on his cell.

Although you have gotten me interested twinkie and I'm going to have to look up Reiki it sounds very interesting. Maybe knowing about it will help me with my energy transfers.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Reiki is fascinating but you cannot learn it in an hour. It took me a long time but it can be done. Basically, in 50 words or less, it is the re-direction of the energy from the universe being channeled into a ball of energy and that energy directed to the person's body to the area that it's needed. Even masters in Reiki do not understand just "how" it works (sort of electricity from the universe you could say).

There are some wonderful sites on the net that can help you understand Reiki healing. When I perform a healing on someone due to the transference of the energy I actually benefit from it as I am the "conduit" that the energy flows through. The person being treated will actually feel a warming sensation in the area that the energy is needed and then fall asleep after the "treatment". I make sure a person is not going to drive, etc after treatment as they will be fast asleep. When they wake up, they are much better and in most cases the pain has gone or abated considerably. Sometimes if a person is in severe pain it may take a couple of treatments. Basically, it has a lot to do with mind control. Oh yes, the person receiving the treatment does not have to believe it actually works either for it to be effective.

One funny story. One night I was lying in my bed generating a ball of energy to send to someone, my little dog jumped on the bed as she could obviously "see" the energy generated and was curious. She jumped on the bed and into the energy field I had created, jumped off the bed and ran up and down the house for about 10 minutes. Then she came back to me and had a look on her face that said "Wow, what was that mommy?" Now when she sees the "energy ball" between my hands she takes one look and leaves the room pronto. Yes animals can actually see this energy I've read as animals can actually see ghosts and entities also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reassurance on custody battle. [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting a divorce from my husband who I am hopefully going to have an O F P on because he threatned to kill me.. (we will find out tomorrow):confused: My husband has been diagnosed with severe PTSD and anger problems.. he served me with divorce papers before I could serve him.. we have been to...

Scared of being alone [ 8 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for about a year now, and for the past 2 months I keep finding things about my boyfriend, that all point to him cheating on me, and when I ask him he comes up w/ logical excuses that actually make sense. I am a little tired of the excuses and I am not sure if I should...

Really scared [ 1 Answers ]

Umm I'm 15 and I'm sexually active Well the last time I had sex with my boyfriend, we had anal sex and ever since there's been blood in my bowels. Is this bad?

I am scared [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, well.. me and my boyfriend had sex, and our comdom broke, I am on the birthcontrol pill "tricyclen lo" , but... is it going to save me from getting pregnant, I'm extremely scared, and my boyfriend is freaking out. I need to know if I am pregnant, and if so , I'm only 14 and I have no idea.....

Need reassurance, I am so paranoid. [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, for those of you who have read previous posts you will know that I have been pregnant before (had an abortion because I was back into a corner etc) and that recently I have been drinking lots of water which has been making me feel great. I also smoke - I have cut down and I am hoping to quit....

View more questions Search