Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nina Mann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:58 AM
    IRS garnished SSD
    The IRS has garnish part of my $627.00 social security disability payments, leaving me with $526.00 a month to live on, can they do this.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 AM
    In Canada, Revenue Canada can seize old age security, canada pension, any payments that come from government sources for debts to RevCan, so I guess, yes, IRS can do it in the States as well. But usually they give you an option of paying it off another way. Did you disregard their offers of alternate payment plan ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts that can't be garnished [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of corporation can you start where personal garnishments can't affect your business bank account.

Garnished my whole check. [ 2 Answers ]

Was wondering if it is legal for IRS to garnish my whole check? How can I live if all they take ALL of my money... I thought they only took a percentage! I could see them taking half, although that's a lot, but the WHOLE check! I might as well quit my job if that continues to happen! ...

My wages are being garnished! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, I received a notice from a collection agency, one that has been in existence for 40 years. I was informed that they had recovered an account from a wireless providerthat I had service with from the year 2002. First off, I do not recall having the sercvice during that time, I do...

Garnished account [ 6 Answers ]

Can they garnish all of your joint bank account money even though it is my ex-husband's direct deposit money they took? The judgement was against me. I have a garnishment hearing set for Wednesday. The money they took was his not mine

View more questions Search