Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heresjudy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Changing political parties
    When is it possible to change political parties. My friend is a registered Republican and wants to register as an independent. When, where and how?:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
    You don't necessarily have to change parties if you want to vote say, Independent and you are a Democrat. You just vote the way you want to vote for whichever candidate you want to vote for. They don't give out special ballots to you if you are an Independent or a Democrat or a Republican.
    Clyde Crashcup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Changing to be an independent would certainly get a lot of useless phonecalls and garbage mail eliminated during any campaign for any local position. Being a Republican in my area is a death sentence for mail, phone calls and requests for money. I realize that the only thing I give up is voting in the primaries, so what! Franklin county hasn't had a respectable ballot since I came here from NJ as an Independent and changed to a Republican to support a local running for Supervisor. I want to lose the stigma of being associated with any rotten party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing political party [ 1 Answers ]

How does one change political party affiliation in the state of California? RA

American political parties [ 15 Answers ]

Are there any other active political parties in the United States besides the Republicans and the Democrats? What I mean by active is, do they hold any seats in congress, or other areas of government? If not, why are there only 2 political parties? In Canada, right now we have 5 parties who occupy...

Black American In political Parties [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information about Black Americans in political Parties and offices. If possible, information about the state of Phoenix, Arizona. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

View more questions Search