Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
    The Al-Qaeda myth.
    The Al-Qaeda myth.

Was Bush and Blair miss-led, or are they guilty of the fraud and deception too, was it just the neo-conservatives? Who or what was behind the idea of a well organized group with cells all over the world just waiting to strike called Al-Qaeda? :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Who says it is a myth
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:22 PM
    It's all over the internet and world news, and has been for sometime
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:40 PM
    I find it interesting that anyone could believe Al-Q is a myth. You claim to have read much and still don't think it's real? Perhaps not as organized as before, but still in existence.
    Take the time to view this and see if there was anything misleading:
    frontline: the war behind closed doors: view the full program online | PBS
    **edit** Here's some more from the same source:
    frontline: the long road to war | PBS
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Then let's just save our money and ignore the bastards.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:43 PM
    And let them find a way here? I don't care for that idea.
    They won't be satisfied by anyone ignoring them.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Tell you what, I'll read your link if you'll read mine.

Internet Archive: Details: The Power of Nightmares
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    who says it is a myth
    From an article going back to 28 November 2003.

Now, Dolnik says that Western officials have helped to blow al-Qaeda out of proportion in other ways, too - by 'the automatic attribution of credit to the group for disparate attacks; by making unintelligent and unqualified statements about the group's very basic "weapons of mass destruction" programme; by treating al-Qaeda as a super-organisation; by creating the impression that al-Qaeda can do just about anything'. As a result, al-Qaeda has been turned into something it is not. In the mid-1990s intelligence officials saw bin Laden as 'one name among thousands'; within a few years they had transformed him into a global threat who heads a ruthless, structured organisation that is capable of doing anything, anytime, anywhere.

spiked-risk | Article | Does al-Qaeda exist?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 04:18 PM
    I started to watch your selection, but quite frankly I don't have the time right now to take a three hour course to learn your stance.
    Good luck!
    jvibe101 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Jan 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Al-Qaeda is not a myth but their reach over the world is somewhat exaggerated. We blow them so out of proportion that we may accidentally ignore the real terrorist... the people who decide to shoot up a school or blow up a coffee shop. It is a proven fact that America throughout history has supplied enemies and terrorist with weapons and money to gain personal profit. We sometimes feed the beast we fight... but if there is no beast for us to fight we may become it... that is what I believe we are afraid of. Maybe if we cannot create an enemy we will be seen as the tyrannical giant.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Yes, there are a lot of myths, but I would believe they are from your side.

It is easer to believe that we have nothing to fear, This was a question we discussed to day, that national security was not really an issue in the election. But when secuity is gone, all the other issues will not matter.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Yes, the name now exists; there it is in black and white on my monitor. But what does it consist of, surly not what we have been told for some years. Bush sent troops to Afghanistan to get them and couldn't find any. Then the Brits went there and couldn't find any. Bush told us there were sleepers cells in 8 or 10 American cities, the FBI couldn't find any, so where is the threat from Al-Qaeda Now they are trying to tie them into Iran, but they simply don't exist as anything more than another straggly terrorist group like hundreds of others that come and go.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Dark, that is just a bold face lie! Terrorist troops were found by both the US and the coalition forces.

To say the they didn't exsist is to say someone else put those jets into the towers.

Who do you think flew those planes and where did they get their support?
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Dark, that is just a bold face lie! Terrorist troops were found by both the US and the coalition forces.

To say the they didn't exsist is to say someone else put those jets into the towers.

Who do you think flew those planes and where did they get their support?
    You really shouldn’t be so quick to insult me that way, especially when you don’t have time to examine the evidence…you apparently just have time to believe what politicians tell you.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 06:32 PM
    That's funny, I have been thinking about the organization of Al Quaeda, rather the information put out by the Bush Administration since 911, and I have had doubts about their veracity. I remember all the scarey info to the effect that there were countless numbers of "cells" in place in America all poised and ready to put terrorist plans in action at the command of bin Laden. However, a lot of Bush's time was spent tearing down the CIA!? Even exposing a CIA agent which is a huge no-no. The CIA was and is a main source of intelligence. That makes me wonder if Bush was *creating* and disseminating his own "information" in order to control what citizens think about.

I don't know how a citizen could get good facts about this?? I do think there are some people here ready to do harm to urban areas, but as far as the machinations of this, there are no facts available to citizens. The facts would be intelligence by undercover agents and informants, also, police work.

Also, I'm suspicious of Bush and the Neo-Cons(Fascist) constant stressing that Americans should be afraid, be very afraid! All the scare tactics used upon the citizenry by the Bush leadership is to scare folks into giving up civil rights to the President. Why, Bush didn't even take steps to seal our open border to the south despite stories about how terrorists enter America from Mexico! Five full years!!
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Choux,
    Half a dozen times you call out Bush. Bush, Bush... How do answer to the FACT that the first attempt on the towers was during Slick Willie's churn?

Jan 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
    We reallly can't get mad at our politicians... I have to agree with captain rich... calling out our leaders is unfair. Our leaders can only reflect the people who put them in power... they are dishonest when we are dishonest... they are ignorant because we are ignorant.Leaders are people...not gods...their actions cannot be seen as different than what we do every day.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Bush is responsible for what he does or doesn't do in his term... this is very elementary. If you don't understand that, we can't have a dialogue. A few American people are having trouble coming to terms with the fact that the Bush Presidency is competing for the title of worst in American history... they don't want their *dreams* dashed to bits.

Cordially,
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Your scope is focused too narrow to have "dialogue"
    You are not looking at the big picture!
    When Bush is out, who you going to pin things on? Like all this JUST started??
    Here's your sign... bye!

Jan 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
    The truth is we can argue this for hours but the truth is there is no good answer. If we were to clean out the entire legislative, judicial, and executive branches we would still have issues with how things are getting done.Every era has it's good and bad points... we can't say bush was all bad or good... we can only look back and try not to make the same mistakes in the future. We also have to think how we would handle the situation and hopefully realizing that we are all human we will see that we can't avoid all controversy. If u want something done do it yourself and we all can't be president or a congressman but we can educate others about these flaws and maybe they will be. I know the best I can do is go out and vote and hopefully my opinion will count in some odd way,shape,or form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Al Qaeda is "considerably operationally stronger than a year ago' [ 13 Answers ]

Al Qaeda is "considerably operationally stronger than a year ago'' and has "regrouped to an extent not seen since 2001,'' the official said, paraphrasing the report's conclusions. "They are showing greater and greater ability to plan attacks in Europe and the United States.'' Scary isn't it,...

Sleaze bag goat loving al-Qaeda and the Taliban. [ 13 Answers ]

╪ The Pakistani government declared a state of emergency, what next do you think ¿ ¶ Is it good to see a little gentle pressure from America has worked…now they will be able to better go after the █ sleaze bag goat loving al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

I-Doser, a myth? [ 4 Answers ]

I've heard of people doing this, and I somewhat know what it is, but does it really work and how? Does it have any adverse side effects? I just can't find a very reliable resource about it.

Please explain this myth [ 17 Answers ]

I was recently told that you shouldn't feed a baby watermelon during his/hers second summer. I'm sure this is an old wives tale, but the person who told me couldn't remember why you shouldn't. Has anyone ever heard this, & do you know why you shouldn't? Also, I was just reading some postings, & I'm...

View more questions Search