Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    younglady13 Posts: 40, Reputation: -6

Jan 9, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Mean nicknames
    There is this guy at my school and whenever he is near me runs up and says what's up boron but what does boron mean it may be spelled boren and is he trying to be mean:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Ask him what's up back and see how he responds.

Jan 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
    He always races off to fast to say anything
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
    I guess if that is all he is doing ignore him for now.
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Jan 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Boron? I haven't a clue, never heard of it as an insult, if that's what he's trying to do. It sounds like a silly made up word made up of two insults: Boring and moron? Just a suggestion, I hear my brothers making silly words up like that all the time.lol I know Boron is a chemical element, but I can't see why he would use that as an insult. I don't think there is such a word as boren either.
    He's clearly not very intelligent and he probably doesn't know what it means either, just ignore him.
    lil_pea07 Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Jan 9, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Well if he is calling you boron he basically means you are a boring moron. That name is so old and overrated. There are two choices you could make (1) you could be just like him and "get even" walk up to him and call him a name just like he does to you and possibly make things worse OR (2) be more mature and ignore the words he says and just smile and be nice to him which will drive him completely insane and will eventually leave you alone when he realizes he can't hurt you anymore. He is trying to be a bully and as long as you get upset about it he will be winning and it will give him reason to continue. Try choice 2 and see how it works. Good luck! :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
    You could say does that mean boring moron? Cuz... that's clever! Did you come up with it yourself? Because... that's really clever. Really. So original. Because it's a combination of two words into one. Boring and moron. Boron. How clever are you. Your parents must be proud. I see an ivy league in your future!

Jan 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Haha! I think that would be a very good come back! I can imagine he would feel very stupid if you said that.

Jan 9, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Coming back at him with smart elec remarks and such is stopping to his level and doesn't make you any better than he is. And it will most likely make the situation worse and it will prolong and eventually someone will get in trouble for it. What's the point? Be a better person and just ignore him. You will feel much better about yourself than if you were to make an idiot out of yourself by doing what he's doing.

Jan 9, 2008, 03:16 PM
    As long as she doesn't use any insulting remarks and sound nasty, I think it's a very good thing to say. It's not stooping to his level, it's being clever. Just sitting there and ignoring doesn't always work. A one time remark may make him feel stupid and make him stop.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Not necessarily stooping to his level.

Stooping to his level would be calling him another name. Just explaining to him that he's really not that funny by calling a person that nickname will make them feel immature.

Jan 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Well yeah saying something to make him realize he's not funny like what you told her to say would probably be fine, but she should at least just try ignoring him first and if it doesn't work then say something.

Jan 9, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Comment on ISneezeFunny's post
    Thanks great I can't wait to see his face when I say that

Jan 9, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Comment on lil_pea07's post
    Tried failed

Jan 9, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Thanks to all who answered I agree with isneezefunny and hope none of you are mad because I don't mean to say your answers won't work it's that isneezefunny would work best with this person

Jan 11, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Nohelp4u he always just says hi back and whenever I take a step near him he runs off like he's scared and once his girlfriend flipped and start saying "Dont hurt him!" and once he called me a long legged freak of nature because then I had long legs still do just not the tallest person at school anymore
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Does your real name sound anything like his boren? Such as Lauren?
    Could he have a speech problem?

Is he not quite normal in social abilities if you know what I mean?

Next time you see him tell him it is really nice of him to always take time to speak to you. That he is really nice, no matter what other people say about him...

If he asks what or who, you can say something like... Oh, I don't repeat gossip... I probably said too much already...

Jan 11, 2008, 10:27 PM
    I knew him for a year and half he doesn't have a speech problem my real names ashley yes I know what you mean but he doesn't have social abilities

Jan 12, 2008, 11:24 AM
    He is one of the most popular guys at school

Feb 23, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Sorry I just realized that when I posted the first question the keyboard was messing up but now I have a new one.Also he'de actually been calling me bonor and now almost everybody does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search