Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllPro64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 12:23 PM
    How to place Garnishment? How to locate person employer?
    My parents have rental homes & recently received a judgement for over $6000.00 on a renter who totally trashed the house & owes back rent. I guess the biggest question is how to find where the person is now working to place a garnishment on them. Is there any inexpensive (or better any free) ways to locate a place of employment on a person?? We do have a SSN# on the person. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 12:54 PM
    There is no "free" way to locate where a person is now employed that I am aware of. Did you handle the judgment yourself or did you hire an attorney to do this for you? If you hired an attorney, go back to him and ask him to start garnishment proceedings against the ex-renter. This is not an automatic deal with judgment entries that they immediately turn into garnishments.
    milemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
    I am in the same boat. Court case awarded & wages were garnished, but employee was fired. How do I located his new employeer? Is there a database? Employers are required to submit new employee info exactly for this purpose, but how does one gain access, and "get into the system" so that when they do find new employment, their wages can be garnished at their new place of employement? Thanks. How did this case turn out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Locate a person [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Can you help me locate an address or phone number for Lloyd W. Vernon who may reside in Riviera, Texas.

How do you locate someone's current employer? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex moved out of state and claims to be unemployed to avoid his child support obligations. How do you go about finding someone's current employer? I have been unable to get a response from my state's office of child support.

Your Home, a Place or Person, Artfully Decorated for Holidays & Other Special Times [ 24 Answers ]

The world is so blessed in having such a variety of secular and religious customs concerning the ways that we celebrate national, religious and world holidays, special family events and maybe just having a party for no particular reason, that give each of us an opportunity to show our creativity in...

Joint Account with only one person listed on the garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I am not here to say that I don't owe the debt. We do we stalled for time, and then time ran out. My question here is, the garnishment is on my husand only, I am not list at all. We have a joint bank account, the clerk from the bank called me and told me that they were taking half of what was in...

View more questions Search