Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michaa30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 11:56 AM
    At home typing or Data Jobs with no Fee
    I am looking for a job to do from home on my computer. I want to type for a company. So do you have any ideas.:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 12:14 PM
    When you find any let me know as I need something like this also.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 04:02 PM
    This type of question comes up fairly frequently here. One of the better answered ones is on the following link. You might want to check out the answers on the link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...bs-141689.html

Below, is a quote of one of the answers from one of our wise members here, vingogly.

There are often small data entry jobs available at:

Guru.com - The world's largest online marketplace for freelance talent.

Elance - Outsourcing to freelance programmers, web & logo designers, copywriters, illustrators and consultants | Elance

Rent A Coder: How Software Gets Done -- The most completed software projects on the internet

All three have free registration, but for Guru and Elance you're better off paying for a subscription since these markets are very competitive, particularly for someone who hasn't built a reputation on them (you get ranked by your employer on completion of a project). The jobs also typically don't pay very well, so whether this is a good approach for you depends on cost of living in your area.

The field of virtual office assistant is growing; I took a rather lengthy teleclass and the administrative assistant who organized and ran things worked for a virtual assistant agency. You can investigate this option here:

International Virtual Assistants Association

To be competitive as a virtual office assistant, you will probably need to invest in certification and training. Most of the online jobs out there that claim earnings with zero investment of money and effort on your part are in my opinion scams.

Vasily
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2008, 04:05 PM
    The most likely opportunities are in the medical transcription field. But with computers so common, free lance typing jobs are very rare. And even rarer are companies that farm out typing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The most likely opportunities are in the medical transcription field.
    And quite frequently to be able to do this you must have some medical terminology courses under your belt first.

I do know of law offices that would farm their work out to transcriptionists, but you have to have your own transcription equipment to be able to do this.
    home2work4 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2008, 12:23 PM
    You will have a hard time finding a plain ole data entry job out there. But you can find companies that will use your typing/data entry skills in conjunction with other job duties. Such jobs are at home customer care representative, transcription, writer, proofreader, editor, blogger, telemarketing from home, mystery shopping, virtual assistant, and freelance projects. A good source for these types of jobs and others is WorkathomeDesk.com - Authentic info on work at home opportunities & online money making tips ! which is a free site and has a very comprehensive list of companies that hire home workers. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Anyone know of typing from home jobs in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Am new to this forum and hope someone can help me. Am looking for a job typing from home - somehing that is not a scam and will give good return. Hope to start at evenings and weekends to begin and then hopefully progress to do it full time. Live in the UK, should would be grateful for...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

At home Medical data entry jobs online [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a medical data entry job that I can do at home on my computer that pays good money. I have been searching the websites for legitimate business but are hard to find. Is there any out there that is legitimate to do? Please let me know if there are any website that I can get into....

View more questions Search